Catholic Novel Wins National Secular Award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuscany Press’ The Cana Mystery wins silver medal in suspense/thriller category
Wellesley, MA (May 5, 2014) - The prestigious, Independent Publisher Book Awards has selected The Cana Mystery by David Beckett as its Silver Prize winner in the national category of suspense/thriller novels. The award confers well-deserved recognition to an independently published “Catholic” work with over 60,000 downloads on Kindle and 150 five and four star reviews on Amazon.
“The prize is an honor and reflects why the book has done so well,” said Peter Mongeau, founder of Tuscany Press, the title’s publisher. “After all, people love a good story. David Beckett manages to capture the reader’s imagination with a style that respects the dignity and the intellect of the reader—that’s why The Cana Mystery won the award.”
Published in 2013 against the backdrop of a papal transition, the plot follows an American grad student, who relies on her wits to escape ruthless villains. The well-researched book’s ‘ripped-from-the-headlines’ storyline centers on Pope Benedict’s resignation and the election of Pope Francis. Likened to both National Treasure and Raiders of the Lost Ark, the tale finds its anchoring in great storytelling.
“Tuscany Press set out to publish great “Catholic” fiction, and I think this is just the beginning,” said Peter Mongeau. “We look forward to more honors bestowed on David Beckett and The Cana Mystery.”
The Independent Publisher Book Award, typically referred to as “The IPPY Award” will host its ceremony and confer medals on May 28, 2014 in New York City.
Founded in 2012, Tuscany Press is emerging as a leading independent publisher of Catholic fiction and home of the Tuscany Prize. The Prize offers authors a chance to compete for $10,000 in prize monies for unpublished manuscripts of novels, young adult novels and short stories. Tuscany Prize winners include National Book Award Winner Gloria Whelan in the new short story collection, What World Is This? and Other Stories.
Little Flower Strategies
http:// MA, 02191 US
Victor Pap - ,
Catholic fiction, The Cana Mystery, Tuscany Press, Tuscany Prize, David Beckett, IPPY
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow