Massive Online Open Seminar on Women Deacons June 9-July 8, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HEMPSTEAD, NY (April 20, 2014) - The Massive Online Open Seminar (MOOS) on Women Deacons: Past, Present, Future will run June 9-July 8. The seminar is just what it sounds like--a chance for you to join with other folks around the world to read, think and talk about the possibility of restoring women to the ordained diaconate in the Catholic Church.
There are several questions we will look at during the seminar: 1. In the past: who were the women deacons in the early church? were they ordained? what did they do? why did they disappear? 2. In the present: when was the diaconate rejuvenated, and why? has there been consideration of women in the diaconate? 3. In the future: what are the obstacles to women in the diaconate? how can these challenges be addressed? what would it mean for women to be ordained?
Each of the first four days of each week will contain readings and lectures--about one hour's worth of work per day. Each Friday, the Discussion Board will open for three days. Where possible an instructor or teaching assistant will join in. Course books may be ordered by clicking the book image on this page. Each course book is available electronically or in paper.
Ordination of Women to the Diaconate in the Eastern Churches: Essays by Cipriano Vagaggini Collegeville, MN, Liturgical Press, 2013. Women Deacons: Past, Present, Future.
(With Gary Macy and William T. Ditewig) Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, 2011.
Please register for the MOOS at CourseSites.com
http://people.hofstra.edu/phyllis_zagano/moos.html NY, 10459 US
Phyllis Zagano - Senior Research Associate-in-Residence,
women, ministry, diaconate, deacon
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way