The Benedictines of Mary continue to touch hearts with Lent at Ephesus going into Holy Week
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276
Seven week reign as Billboard’s #1Classical Traditional Album
ATLANTA, GA (April 14, 2014) – As Holy Week approaches during the height of the Lenten season, the Benedictines of Mary continue to emotionally connect with music lovers across the country with their latest recording, LENT AT EPHESUS. The reflective and stirring album has spent seven consecutive weeks at No.1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Album Chart.
Both of the Sisters’ previous recordings debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Chart; however, LENT AT EPHESUS’ first week numbers surpassed their own prior sales successes, outselling artists on both the Traditional and Crossover Charts, including more commercial, “crossover” classical musicians such as Lindsey Stirling, The Piano Guys and Il Divo, among others.
“It has been edifying to witness the heartfelt responses to Lent at Ephesus,” said Monica Fitzgibbons, cofounder of De Montfort Music. “To hear that many souls have counted this beautiful collection of music as an impactful Lenten devotional this year is awe-inspiring.”
Listed here are some of the 23 bountiful tracks and how they fit specifically into Holy Week:
CHRISTUS FACTUS EST Triduum Tenebræ sung in total darkness at the close of Tenebræ; IMPROPERIA climax of the Good Friday Liturgy; ON THE WAY OF THE CROSS Good Friday; ADORAMUS TE CHRISTE Good Friday Antiphon; STABAT MATER sung between stations of the Cross; TENEBRAE 5th Responsory of Good Friday Tenebrae; and CRUX FIDELIS Good Friday.
Leading a completely monastic life and shying away from the spotlight, the Sisters have still captured the attention of fans and media alike with their gimmick-free, glorious singing.
Please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276, or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications for more information or to schedule interviews. For more information about the album, please contact: Monica@DeMontfortMusic.com.
http://www.carmelcommunications.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, De Montfort Music, sacred music, Lent at Ephesus, Lent
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow