New Irish Book on JPII
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CORK, IRELAND (March 4, 2014) - New Irish book on Pope John Paul II coming to a book store near you. “The intention of this volume is to introduce John Paul to a new public, a younger generation… this volume is a fitting tribute both to his memory and to the enduring effect of his papacy.” said Archbishop Charles Browne, Papal Nuncio to Ireland, who will launch the new publication in Knock Shrine on April 27th.
The reason for the timing, of the release, is John Paul’s canonization, by Pope Francis, that week-end, in Rome.
Divided into twenty-three short, readable chapters, this book enables readers of all backgrounds to understand better St John Paul’s various writings:
Breda O’Brien (Journalist) writes on John Paul II and the dignity of women. Ray Kinsella (UCD), recounts his mission for world peace. Ryan Connolly (Student) comments on his ‘Letter to Artists’, while John Waters (Writer) addresses his thoughts on the worker. Fr. Alan O’ Sullivan explains John Paul’s hugely significant restatement of Catholic teaching on sexuality, ‘the Theology of the Body’, while Niamh Uí Bhriain (Life Institute) outlines his teaching on life issues and human dignity. Fr Gerard Dolan writes on John Paul II and the Eucharist. Gareth Carroll (Youth 2000) discusses the ‘World Youth Day’ phenomenon.
Dominican Order of Preacher
http://onexone.ie/new-irish-book-on-jpii/ , 0000 IE
Fr. Maurice Colgan - Priest, 0035321 450 3187
Pope John Paul II, Book Launch Ireland, Knock Shrine
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 2 million reach out to Heartbeat's option line
- Conference Focuses On Courage to Defend the Church
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Conference Sheds Light on Scripture through Prayer
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week