Country Music Star Collin Raye Releases Powerful Memoir
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
‘A Voice Undefeated’ chronicles inspirational story of faith, tragedy and triumph
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (April 1, 2014) – Collin Raye is one of America’s best-loved country music singers, with 24 Top Ten Singles, including 16 No. 1 hits and a total of five straight platinum and two gold albums, a record for the Epic label. But perhaps most noteworthy is Raye’s remarkable personal story outside of country music, which includes his conversion to Catholicism; overcoming a devastating tragedy in his family; and his profound advocacy and love for the poor and disabled. Raye chronicles his unique and unforgettable religious journey and life as a country music star in his new memoir, A VOICE UNDEFEATED.
In A VOICE UNDEFEATED, Raye gives readers a down-to-earth account of his personal and professional life. From his childhood in Arkansas and Texas through his days with the Wray Brothers Band in Oregon and Reno to his rise to international stardom, Raye discusses his journey to the top of the music world and provides an intimate diary of a Catholic who has relied upon his faith to overcome great professional and personal losses — most recently, his beloved 9-year-old granddaughter, Haley, who died in 2010 from an undiagnosed neurological disease. Since Haley’s death, Raye has become an outspoken advocate for the sick and disabled, and has established the Haley Bell Blesséd Chair Foundation to provide wheelchairs to families with special needs children.
Raye also provides a revealing look inside Nashville: His climb to the top of the charts and production of hit after hit; his fallout with the giants of the industry; and his strong criticism of today’s raunchy lyrics that tear down our culture and war against the great country traditions.
“Collin Raye’s belief that an artist’s real success is in the quality and artistry of his work makes him a good showman,” says Mother Dolores Hart, author of THE EAR OF THE HEART. “The love he discovers though his faith in God makes him a great man.”
For more information, to request a review copy, or to schedule an interview with Collin Raye, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Collin Raye, country music, A Voice Undefeated, pro-life, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9