Santo Subito! American author calls for his own Sainthood, now
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276
Ahead of John Paul II, popular SIRIUS/XM radio host desires canonization
ATLANTA, GA (September 4, 2013) – Widely known for his wit and humor as the host of “The Catholic Guy” on SiriusXM Radio, Lino Rulli believes that, like Pope John Paul II, his own Cause for Canonization should be addressed by Pope Francis immediately.
If Rulli has his way, he will be canonized on Divine Mercy Sunday, which, allegedly, is when Blessed Pope John Paul II and Pope John XXIII will be canonized in Rome. (The official announcement will be Sept. 30.) Rulli provides evidence for his Cause (and yours) in his latest book, SAINT: Why I Should Be Canonized Right Way, released this week from Servant Books.
Rulli is an ordinary Catholic with numerous flaws, and someone Pope Francis likely doesn’t know. In SAINT, he hilariously and honestly details why he should be the patron saint of kissing and demonstrates how being a saint is like being a rapper. But he also points the way for all of us to the end goals: holiness and a virtuous life, and does so in a way that inspires and entertains. Rulli demonstrates that faith can be funny, and all too human, and holiness is for everybody, no matter how often we stumble. SAINT is the bold, honest and humorous roadmap to becoming the kind of Saint that Feast Days are named after.
Rulli does have a special devotion to the soon-to-be-canonized John Paul II, which he chronicles throughout SAINT. He discusses what it was like to have a front-row seat at his funeral; the rosary Blessed Pope John Paul II gave him; visiting his tomb; and traveling to Poland, the birthplace of the once Karol Wojtyla, and the experiences of touching the historical places that molded the life of the memorable saint. SAINT is the right book at the right time.
Lino Rulli is a three-time Emmy Award winner and host of The Catholic Guy, a three-hour weekday show on SiriusXM Radio with an audience across North America. Lino has a bachelor’s degree in communications and a master’s degree in theology.
Please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276, or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications for more information, to request a review copy of SAINT or to schedule an interview with Lino Rulli.
http://www.servantbooks.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Lino Rulli, Saint, Servant Books, Blessed Pope John Paul II, canonization, sainthood
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards