Parochial annual feast- 323-year of grace.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PONDICHERRY, INDIA (August 21, 2013) - The Archdiocese of Pondicherry in South India dates back 400 years near the sea of Bay of Bengal.
Remnants of seminary building under archaeological department. The present place of this ancient church goes back 323 years.The first parish and the first church of the Karnataka mission,headed by Jesuits,later handed over to Mep .
The first three missionaries of the Mep graves are here in the graveyard. This mother church gave birth to all the other churches in Pondicherry. The church is in the target place on the main road that goes to Cuddalore & Vailanganni. Lot of pilgrims walk the distance ,take shelter here ,rest a while ,refresh and continue their pilgrimage.
The flag hoisting of the festival starts on the first friday of september and a novena of 9 days and ends on the 15th(Sunday) September. People throng from near and far. Now that we have been telecasting the masses from this church people from near by towns also love to come and participate.
There are plenty of followers in the net who watch the masses.
May God bless all those who participate in these liturgical festivals.
http://www.anbolitv.org/FeastNotice2013.pdf , 605 007 IN
Thomas Antony - Founder & Director, 91 413 2600799
Feast of our lady of health- sep6th-15th.novena
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.
- Contraception and Catholicism: What the Church Teaches and Why