Parochial annual feast- 323-year of grace.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PONDICHERRY, INDIA (August 21, 2013) - The Archdiocese of Pondicherry in South India dates back 400 years near the sea of Bay of Bengal.
Remnants of seminary building under archaeological department. The present place of this ancient church goes back 323 years.The first parish and the first church of the Karnataka mission,headed by Jesuits,later handed over to Mep .
The first three missionaries of the Mep graves are here in the graveyard. This mother church gave birth to all the other churches in Pondicherry. The church is in the target place on the main road that goes to Cuddalore & Vailanganni. Lot of pilgrims walk the distance ,take shelter here ,rest a while ,refresh and continue their pilgrimage.
The flag hoisting of the festival starts on the first friday of september and a novena of 9 days and ends on the 15th(Sunday) September. People throng from near and far. Now that we have been telecasting the masses from this church people from near by towns also love to come and participate.
There are plenty of followers in the net who watch the masses.
May God bless all those who participate in these liturgical festivals.
http://www.anbolitv.org/FeastNotice2013.pdf , 605 007 IN
Thomas Antony - Founder & Director, 91 413 2600799
Feast of our lady of health- sep6th-15th.novena
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- Veritas Conference to Discuss Threats to Religious Freedom
- Media and Faith Conference Slated for April
- NYC Thursday April 24th Spring Fling - Singles Mingle Charity Event
- PROVIDING LIFE-AFFIRMING PREGNANCY SUPPORT TO WOMEN LOWERS ABORTIONS IN PENNSYLAVNIA AGAIN!
- Andy LaVallee to Appear on The CatholicTV Network