John McVie stricken: Fleetwood Mac cancels tour dates
Band's co-founder and singer seeking medical treatment
Singer and Fleetwood Mac co-founder John McVie has fallen ill to cancer. He's taking time out for medical treatment, and so the band has reluctantly canceled their tour dates of New Zealand and Australia.
"We are sorry to not be able to play these Australian and New Zealand dates. We hope our Australian and New Zealand fans as well as Fleetwood Mac fans everywhere will join us in wishing John and his family all the best."
The 67-year-old McVie founded the group in 1967 with Mick Fleetwood. The band just completed a series of shows in Europe and the United States and was set to move on to the next leg of their tour beginning with a November 10 show in Sydney.
The British-American rock group has enjoyed a long and storied career, full of marital conflicts between wives Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks and breakups and lineups. The band is perhaps best known for their chart-topping album "Rumors," and such songs as "Tusk" and "Don't Stop."
Many music fans posted their condolences on the band's Facebook page. "So sorry to hear," fan Terry Byrne posted. "God Bless him and his family. Sending out lifting prayers for healing and quick recovery. We love you John. Thank you for all of your time and music and for being so generous... the quiet one in Fleetwood Mac, but the foundation."
Details of McVie's illness have not been released.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Music News
- What's love got to do with it? Tina Turner relinquishes U.S. citizenship
- Swedish super group ABBA may reunite next year
- John McVie stricken: Fleetwood Mac cancels tour dates
- Influential rocker Lou Reed dies at 71
- Singer Rihanna poses for naughty, haughty photos at mosque - and is accused of disrespect
- Singer Elton John denounced as the 'Devil's Work' by Russian religious leader
- 'Say no when you are asked to prostitute yourself' singer Sinead O'Connor tells Miley Cyrus
- Parkinson's disease robs Linda Ronstadt of her ability to sing
- Devo drummer, who exhorted others to 'Whip It' dies
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?