Mars One may stage ultimate anti-reality show where particpants vie to be voted OFF the planet to their demise
Over 200,000 people paid for the chance to take a one-way trip to Mars.
Over 200,000 people have asked to go to Mars and never to return, and have even paid money for the privilege. Mars One has announced that it is beginning phase two of its process to select 4 somewhat lucky individuals to travel to the Red Planet-to die.
Despite these minor challenges, Mars One is forging ahead with its selection process, and plans to notify, within the next few weeks, who made the first cut. There will likely be several phases to the selection process and the company hasn't ruled out letting the public choose the final four.
Over 200,000 people paid up to $73 to apply.
Now, in the ultimate anti-survivor reality show, a group of people may actually compete to be voted off the planet and sent to Mars, where they will die.
There are no plans to retrieve the four first astronauts to Mars, and subsequent missions, spaced about every two years apart, will bring additional permanent residents to the planet.
In other news that demonstrates the sincerity of Mars One, the company has contracted with Lockheed Martin to build a robotic lander and a communications satellite.
The Lockheed Martin built mission will fly in 2018 and serve as a test for the technology that will be used in placing the first live humans on the Red Planet.
The company also believes the endeavor will be financed by the media since they will have the only live video feed from the surface of the planet. And Mars One is probably right. After being chosen by reality contest, the world will probably be obsessed with finding out how the people they voted off the planet are going to fare.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- DRAMATIC DEATH IN SPACE - Astronomers watch as an entire galaxy bleeds to death before their eyes
- Duck and Cover! Asteroid 2014 DX110 will buzz Earth today and you can watch it happen!
- GIBBERISH! More than 100 articles in scientific journals found to balderdash
- New super pill could prolong human longevity
- 330-foot long aircraft hailed the largest in the world
- Vintage cheese - found on the chests of 3,500-year-old mummies!
- Boeing producing 'BLACK' a super-spy phone worthy of James Bond
- Why the Kepler planet discovery changes ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!
- How long before you visit a baby boutique to design your children from genetic scrap?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?