Bible beats scientists to another 'discovery' - Life may have arisen from clay, just as scripture says
Is science finally catching up with what the rest of us already know?
Professors from Cornell University in the United States think life could have arisen from clay following a study in which they observed that clay hydrogels could serve as a habitat for the development of primitive life.
A clay hydrogel is essentially a fancy way of saying mud, although of a particular type and consistency-in this case, wet clay.
Researchers were trying to find better ways to produce complex proteins for drug manufacturing when they realized the conditions found in clay hydrogels were quite good for biomolecules and biochemical reactions. In other words, in their finding, the building blocks of life might more easily assemble within clay.
The scientific discovery would likely be shelved, only of interest to biologists, except for the fact that virtually every major world religion, including Christianity, Islam, as well as Greek, Chinese and Egyptian mythology all say that life was created from clay.
Science is "discovering" what the faithful already know: "then the LORD God formed the man out of the dust of the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being," (Genesis 2:7).
In several other passages, God is referred to as a "potter" and life is fashioned out of clay.
Evolutionary biologists believe that all life on Earth began in microbial form with simple molecules combining with others and acquiring the ability to replicate. Although the process sounds complex, it is actually fairly simple-in theory. Once molecules are able to replicate, it becomes a matter of increasing complexity until eventually you arrive at humans.
Creationists will simply point to the fact that God created man whole, fashioning him from dust.
No matter the case, the Cornell study provides a curious crossing between the two ideas. We cannot place creative limits on God, and He may create as He wishes. Be it a wholly formed man from dust, or evolved from microbes, the detail matters little.
It should also be noted that science, in all its knowledge, still cannot create life from non-life, no matter how much clay there is in the lab.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- Debate between scientists over details of evolution becomes heated
- DRAMATIC DEATH IN SPACE - Astronomers watch as an entire galaxy bleeds to death before their eyes
- Duck and Cover! Asteroid 2014 DX110 will buzz Earth today and you can watch it happen!
- 330-foot long aircraft hailed the largest in the world
- GIBBERISH! More than 100 articles in scientific journals found to balderdash
- New super pill could prolong human longevity
- Vintage cheese - found on the chests of 3,500-year-old mummies!
- Boeing producing 'BLACK' a super-spy phone worthy of James Bond
- Why the Kepler planet discovery changes ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?