'Anonymous' hackers to launch news nework without any Kardashian or Beiber news
Corporate and pop culture driven news will not be posted.
Have you ever wanted to visit a news site without being inundated by updates about Kim Kardashian's clothes and Justin Bieber's driving? You're about to get your wish. The loose hacking collective known as Anonymous has just provided new details about its upcoming news website.
The group posted a note to Pastebin saying, "After observing the events of the last few days, understand that one of our goals is to make questions like, 'Why isn't CNN-Turk airing footage of these massive protests,' irrelevant. Its [sic] time to start getting the real news out there, to everyone. We have to stop relying on big corporations to that for us."
The group has already raised $55,000 to expand the coverage of Your Anon News (YAN), which covers topics that are of interest to the collective's participants and supporters.
Dissatisfied with mainstream reporting, Anonymous says they want to start report the news, not just aggregate it.
The group says it will set a firm launch date in its next press release. The group also plans to heavily integrate Twitter, but they will not integrate Facebook at all.
The post added, "Also we won't auto-attach our .com or account name to everything you tweet - because we're classy."
Most notably, anonymous says it will still aggregate news from "external sources, with permission, via various online independent media sites, as well as videos from YouTube, Vimeo and the like." The website will have a strict policy to avoid posting what it considers to be drivel, propelled by pop culture.
That means no Kardashians, no Beibers.
Instead, readers can expect coverage of mass protests, social movements, and issues that are generally favored by many across the Internet.
The most curious feature of this endeavor is that Anonymous is truly anonymous. The group is a loose and informal aggregation of computer hackers and sympathizers who deliberately conceal their identities from the public. They have taken their brand from the movie "V for Vandetta" by donning the film hero's signature Guy Fawkes mask.
Anonymous has no formal leadership and no organized structure, although key individuals routinely manage to aggregate and direct the group's efforts under the Anonymous banner.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- Through the air: The sound of computer keystroke can now be used for spying purposes
- Hubble discovery puts us closer than ever to finding alien life - water discovered on 5 planets
- Israeli scientists discover substance that may fend off Alzheimer's, Aging and Parkinson's
- Don't cry for Comet ISON, another stupendous sky show is coming!
- FANTASTIC! Mile-long floating city would house 50,000 permanent residents
- COMET ISON BREAKS UP!
- Where you can watch the death of Comet ISON live as it happens
- Astronomers observe the biggest, and scariest event in the universe since the beginning of time
- Showtime for Comet ISON!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?