Non-profit seeks 24 volunteers willing to die on Mars -- seriously!
Company says they already have 10,000 applicants.
A non-profit company called Mars One is now recruiting 24 astronauts to die on Mars. At least, that's the implication since the company says they have no plans to bring them back.
You'll need to be serious. Those selected will be sent on a one-way, zero-fail mission to Mars, where it is unclear if they will ever return, assuming they make it there alive in the first place.
The company says they already have the technology needed to make the trip a reality and that it is also economically feasible.
They also say they already have 10,000 applications so far with 45,000 others on its mailing list.
Mars One plans to choose its 24 lucky(?) astronauts by July of 2015. Astronauts will spend the next seven years training and at least three months living in a simulated Mars colony.
Those astronauts will build and live in the first permanent Mars colony. How long they live will depend on a number of factors, however it is expected that they may likely see the end of their days on the Red Planet, unless the company changes its mind and develops a return plan for them.
You can watch the company's introduction film here.
Good luck, we guess!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- Debate between scientists over details of evolution becomes heated
- DRAMATIC DEATH IN SPACE - Astronomers watch as an entire galaxy bleeds to death before their eyes
- Duck and Cover! Asteroid 2014 DX110 will buzz Earth today and you can watch it happen!
- 330-foot long aircraft hailed the largest in the world
- GIBBERISH! More than 100 articles in scientific journals found to balderdash
- New super pill could prolong human longevity
- Vintage cheese - found on the chests of 3,500-year-old mummies!
- Boeing producing 'BLACK' a super-spy phone worthy of James Bond
- Why the Kepler planet discovery changes ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?