IN MOTHER RUSSIA ASTEROID DISCOVER YOU!
An aggregation of the best event videos from around the web.
In Mother Russia, asteroid discover you! After viewing several viral videos of the Russian meteorite event in Chelyabinsky we managed to aggregate some of the best videos and link them here.
Also, read Catholic Online's news coverage of the event here.
This is an intimidating video as the meteorite appears to steak towards the camera for a few seconds. Also, enjoy the music, and the driving.
This video is excellent for its audio. Recorded directly in the shock wave, the double sonic boom is heard reverberating through the city along with the sound of car alarms and shattering glass. One of the more frightening videos to be sure.
These workers weren't getting much work done it seems when they were literally blasted to the floor by the shock wave. The video is from a closed-circuit feed, so it's silent, however it shows the power of the blast and why so many people were injured by blowing shards of glass.
Shattered glass and a long series of booms in this clip.
This is a good montage of clips. Several of the videos in the second half show the shadows cast by the brilliant light of the fireball, which was many times brighter than the sun.
AUTHOR'S NOTE: It is understood the event recorded in these films was a meteorite impact, not an asteroid as the title suggests.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- Mars One may stage ultimate anti-reality show where particpants vie to be voted OFF the planet to their demise
- NASA releases images of mysterious hexagon on Saturn
- Stanford researchers develop a way to literally read minds
- Report reveals FBI can remotely scan your computer without your knowledge
- Evidence of an ancient freshwater lake on Mars discovered
- Ultra-secret, Area-51 spy plane finally revealed to the public
- Micro-spacecraft plans to land on moon in 2015
- Mysterious object blurs the distinction between planets and stars
- Through the air: The sound of computer keystroke can now be used for spying purposes
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?