Apple founder's luxury yacht, 'Venus' unveiled
Designed by Philippe Starck, yacht was described in posthumous Steve Jobs biography
When Apple founder Steve Jobs passed away from pancreatic cancer, there were many things about his remarkable life that had yet to be completed. In his posthumously published biography, a yacht, designed by noted minimalist designer Philippe Starck was described. Said yacht has been finally unveiled to the public in a ceremony in the Netherlands.
Apple found Steve Jobs' widow Laurene and three of their children, Reed, Erin and Eve, were present at the unveiling ceremony of his yacht, "Venus."
Jobs' widow Laurene and three of their children, Reed, Erin and Eve, were present at the ceremony.
Jobs' survivors gave each of the members of the shipbuilding staff an elegant thank-you note, along with a token gift of their appreciation; an iPod Shuffle with the name "Venus" inscribed on the back.
In the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson, Jobs showed Isaacson models and architectural drawings of the yacht, which were described as "sleek and minimalist."
According to the report, the enormous yacht is between 230 and 260 feet long. It's precisely what was described in the Jobs biography. Sporting teak decks and large panes of ceiling-to-floor glass throughout, the boat is said to have seven 27-inch iMacs on board. A photo showed six of them lined up on a single counter.
Jobs was very much aware he might not live to see the boat launched due to his failing health. He continued to tinker with its design. The yacht's christening, more than a year after his death, Jobs' quotes about the ship take on an added poignancy.
In the biography, Jobs said, "I know that it's possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat. But I have to keep going on it. If I don't, it's an admission that I'm about to die."
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- NSA is piggybacking off private web tracking to ID and watch you, find targets
- IT'S TRUE: Americans have no right to privacy when they give information to a third party -- such as cell phone provider
- Evidence of an ancient freshwater lake on Mars discovered
- Mars One may stage ultimate anti-reality show where particpants vie to be voted OFF the planet to their demise
- NASA releases images of mysterious hexagon on Saturn
- Stanford researchers develop a way to literally read minds
- Report reveals FBI can remotely scan your computer without your knowledge
- Ultra-secret, Area-51 spy plane finally revealed to the public
- Micro-spacecraft plans to land on moon in 2015
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?