A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Acclaimed author ventures into science fiction and fantasy with his tenth novel
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (November 23, 2013) – Picture it: 80 years in the future and the star closest to our solar system is reachable. An expedition is sent from Earth in the Kosmos, a great ship that is a “flying city,” according to main character Neil de Hoyos. This is the world Michael O’Brien has created in his tenth and latest novel, VOYAGE TO ALPHA CENTAURI.
Neil de Hoyos is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who played a major role in designing the ship he’s on. He signed on for the trip because he wants to escape the seemingly benign totalitarian government that controls everything on his home planet of Earth. He’s a skeptical and quirky misanthropic humanist who has surprises awaiting him on the voyage — and the destination. His assumptions will be shattered, and he’ll be pointed to a new horizon.
Science fiction and fantasy literature are genres that have become dominant forces in contemporary worldwide culture. VOYAGE TO ALPHA CENTAURI explores vital questions about human nature and the cosmos, man’s image of himself and where he is going — and why he seeks to go there.
“Michael O’Brien is a superior spiritual story teller worthy to join the ranks of C.S. Lewis, Flannery O’Connor, Graham Greene, and Evelyn Waugh,” says Peter Kreeft, Ph.D., award-winning author, speaker, and professor at Boston College.
O’Brien is an iconographer, painter, and writer and has written many best-selling novels, including Father Elijah and The Father’s Tale. His novels have been translated into 12 languages and widely reviewed in both secular and religious media in North America and Europe. O’Brien lives in Ontario with his wife and family.
For more information, to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Michael O’Brien, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Michael O'Brien, Voyage to Alpha Centauri, Catholic, Ignatius Press, novels
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life