Hollywood film and Hollywood talent tell pro-life story?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
All-star cast featured in “Gimme Shelter” based on life of Kathy DiFiore
ATLANTA, GA (October 31, 2013) – Kathy DiFiore has long been known as a pro-life stalwart and founder of Several Sources Shelter, which shelters young pregnant women, the homeless and the sick and elderly, and helps them restore their dignity, in New Jersey. Her work has been lauded by U.S. presidents, including Ronald Reagan, and she worked hand-in-hand with Mother Teresa to change shelter laws in New Jersey. Inspirational drama GIMME SHELTER, scheduled for release on Jan. 24, 2014, shows the true story of Fiore’s work and 16-year-old Agnes “Apple” Bailey (Vanessa Hudgens), who uncovers the struggle for survival and the hope of redemption through the harsh realities of life on the streets.
Roadside Attractions has acquired the U.S. rights to GIMME SHELTER from filmmaker Ronald Krauss (AMEXICA). The film stars Hudgens as a pregnant teen runaway, as well as Brendan Fraser, Rosario Dawson, James Earl Jones and Ann Dowd (COMPLIANCE).
As a pregnant teenager, Apple’s journey plummets her into a perilous struggle until finding salvation in a suburban shelter for homeless teens. With provisions of unprecedented comfort, a collective sisterhood connection and female empowerment, the shelter inspires Apple to break the shackles of her past and inspires her to embrace the future with clarity, maturity and hope not only for herself but her unborn child.
The film is inspired by a David and Goliath true story of DiFiore’s longstanding Several Sources Shelters. DiFiore is played in the film by Ann Dowd. The film was written, produced and directed by Krauss, who financed the film through his Day 28 Films banner, along with producer Jeff Rice and co-producers Joshua Amir and Dylan Russell.
“Based on a true story, we were moved by Ronald’s film. He poured his heart and soul into GIMME SHELTER. And we were quite impressed with Vanessa Hudgens, who delivered a terrific, and transformative, performance,” said Roadside Co-President Howard Cohen.
Ronald Krauss stated, “I have dedicated the last few years of my life to bringing GIMME SHELTER to the screen. Based on the true lives of embattled young girls I encountered at the Several Sources Shelters, I was inspired by its founder and guiding force Kathy DiFiore, who is an incredible force tirelessly helping the less fortunate.”
For more information, to request screening information about the film or to schedule an interview with Kathy DiFiore, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.carmelcommunications.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Gimme Shelter, pro-life, adoption, abortion, Kathy DiFiore, Vanessa Hudgens,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Catholicism Sweepstakes: Win a Trip for Two to Rome and Paris!
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine