Maintaining faith in the fight against cancer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Author recounts the remarkable story of his wife’s enduring witness of trust and surrender
ATLANTA, GA (Oct. 10, 2013) – Chris Faddis is a devout Catholic and a dedicated father who two years ago faced a heart-wrenching situation that would test his faith in God — his wife, Angela’s, sudden and unexpected diagnosis of stage IV colon cancer that would take her life in 17 months. Faddis chronicles the inspirational journey he shared with his wife during her battle with terminal illness in the new book, IT IS WELL: Life in the Storm, available now at www.itiswellbook.com.
What is amazing about Angela’s journey with cancer is the public witness Angela provided. Her triumphs, joys, pains, and eventual death was all shared very openly with the online community that became known as “Support Angela Faddis” on Facebook. Nearly 7,000 people followed the daily updates of this young family’s test of faith.
Knowing that his wife’s life and death touched so many thousands across the world, Faddis hopes his book will help others inspire, heal, encourage and evangelize through Angela’s witness of faithful trust and surrender. He is convinced that God is using Angela’s suffering, her faithful surrender and their family’s tragic joy to impact many.
It has been a difficult journey for Faddis, who is a single dad raising two children. He realizes he could never fulfill the role of his children’s mother.
“Many people like to say that a single parent is both mom and dad,” Faddis said. “I disagree. I can never be their mom, and I would never try.”
Faddis recently spoke about his book in front of a captivated audience at the Audrey Assad Fortunate Fall CD release event in his home state of Arizona.
“During their journey with cancer, we beheld in Angela and Chris what marriages are supposed to reveal about God,” writes Catholic speaker and author Mark Hart in the foreword. “We saw tenderness. We saw hope. We saw fidelity. We saw trust. We saw the kind of love that sits loyally beside a hospital bed, watching a body fade while a soul soars. Angela endured unspeakable discomfort as you’ll read more about, but she did so with dignity and grace. Taking on the care of his bride and of their beautiful children, Gianna and Gus, Chris demonstrated the kind of sacrificial love that St. Paul talks about (Eph. 5:25) and that John Paul II heralded as an authentic ‘gift of self.’”
To request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Chris Faddis, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.itiswellbook.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Chris Faddis, It is Well, Angela Faddis, cancer, Catholic, Mark Hart
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Media Advisory - Messenger of the Truth documentary to air throughout South Carolina
- Media Advisory - Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in San Francisco
- Walsh University Hosts Spring Commencement Ceremony, Sunday, May 4 Dr. Maryann Cusimano Love to Keyn
- Franciscan University Solidifies Ties With Historic Landmark- Kartause Maria Thronus Iesu
- Concert Series Concludes with Let’s Sing!
- Picking Up Where John Paul II Left Off
- FOUR PAULINE BOOKS & MEDIA TITLES AMONG ACP AWARD FINALISTS
- Saint Faustina Drama Comes to Historic Baltimore Church
- Massive Online Open Seminar on Women Deacons June 9-July 8, 2014
- Akron General Hosptial namesWalsh University Student is 2014 Outstanding Student Nurse of the Year