CATHOLIC PUBLISHER OFFERS FREE “FACE UP” MAGAZINE TO SCHOOLS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PUBLISHER OFFERS FREE “FACE UP” MAGAZINE
To the first 25 U.S. Catholic high schools to respond to the offer
DENVER, CO (September 23, 2013) - The publisher of the most popular Catholic youth magazine in all of Ireland is offering a free online subscription to the first 25 U.S. Catholic high schools to respond to the offer.
Father Gerry Moloney, the president of Redemptorist Communications, the Dublin-based publisher of Face Up magazine, is making the offer to help develop a similar market here for this very popular youth publication among Catholic high schools.
“Our hope is to develop a following here in the states much like what we enjoy in Ireland,” said Father Gerry. “Although Face Up is published in Ireland, its themes are universal, and they speak to Catholic youth everywhere, regardless of where they live.
“These kids are dealing with some pretty tough issues and they’re looking for resources they can trust to help them cope with things like peer pressure, bullying, depression, self-esteem issues, sexuality, work, family, suicide, drugs and alcohol, and school life,” Father Gerry said.
To take advantage of this free offer, please email Fr. Gerry at email@example.com
Complete with a ‘Teacher’s Guide,’ Face Up is part of the curriculum in over 400 of the 700 Catholic schools throughout Ireland. It’s considered an indispensable teaching tool in the classroom. One teacher summed it up for many of her colleagues: “I find Face Up to be a wonderful tool for generating classroom discussion.”
The teachers also like the magazine because it does not include any advertisements.
Published by the Redemptorists of the Dublin Province, and winner of an international design award in 2009, Face Up tackles the issues of today through a regular mix of ‘light-touch' features on religion and spirituality, social justice, politics, health, finance, entertainment, fashion, and sports. Written by teens for teens, the tone is deliberately conversational and engaging, in a style that appeals to its young audience.
Archbishop Joseph Tobin, C.Ss.R., of Indianapolis, IN, has been a fan of Face Up for years. “Face Up has been a wonderful resource for Catholic teenagers in Ireland and the United Kingdom for more than a decade. I am delighted that it is now available in the United States. I have been familiar with Face Up since its inception and believe that the growth in its outreach indicates its value in reaching young people today."
HOW TO ORDER:
Go to www.faceup.ie to download your free copy of Face Up. We think you’re going to like what you see.
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FaceUpTeens and follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/faceupmagazine
And check out our Face Up app at https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/face-up-magazine/id661653841?mt=8
Cover price €2.00.
Annual subscription: €18.00 / $24.00 U.S. (8 issues per year)
http://www.faceup.ie/ CO, 81230
Father Gerry Moloney - ,
youth magazines, teen magazines, Catholic magazines
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources