Franciscan University to Hold Memorial Ceremony for Aborted Children
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (September 4, 2013) - September 14, 2013, marks the 25th anniversary of the burial of hundreds of abortion victims in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. On this date, Franciscan University of Steubenville will join other pro-life groups nationwide for the first-ever National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children.
Father Dan Pattee, TOR, Theology Department chair, will celebrate Mass at 10:00 a.m. in Christ the King Chapel. A commemorative ceremony will follow at the nearby Tomb of the Unborn Child, where the remains of seven aborted infants are buried.
Students for Life will lead a recitation of the Rosary at the tomb, praying specifically for the unborn children buried there. A group of Franciscan students will then drive to a Pittsburgh abortion clinic to pray for an end to abortion.
The public is invited to attend both Mass and the memorial ceremony, which is co-sponsored by the Diocese of Steubenville.
The National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children is organized by Citizens for a Pro-Life Society, Priests for Life, and the Pro-Life Action League. Currently, 35 of the 39 burial sites for unborn children in the U.S. have planned prayer vigils for September 14.
Father Frank Pavone, director of Priests for Life, said that the gravesite ceremonies will “speak to the hearts and minds of many people about both the humanity of the babies and the violence of the abortion that killed them.”
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
prolife, Franciscan University, National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- How would Bilbo vote?
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)