Walsh University Names Kristi Campbell as new Director of International Student Services
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
North Canton, OH (August 21, 2013) - Kristi Campbell has been named as Walsh University’s Director of International Student Services. Campbell will serve as a personal and academic mentor for international students as well as serving as the advisor to the International Club. Campbell is responsible for the evaluation, processing and maintenance of immigration matters regarding international students. Campbell will also coordinate educational and social programming for all Walsh University international students, including international student orientation, student trips, mentoring programs, immigration workshops, educational programming, and social events like the International Dinner.
Campbell has 15 years of higher education experience and was formerly the international student and scholar advisor at the University of Akron, and assistant director of International Affairs at Kent State University. Prior to her time at the University of Akron, Campbell served in a variety of roles at Tiffin University including assistant dean of students, director of student activities, associate director of admissions and as the director of international student affairs.
Campbell has a both a Bachelor’s and Master’s of Business Administration from Tiffin University.
“One of my first initiatives is to strengthen the Link Families Program,” says Campbell, adding, “This program encourages faculty, staff, or community members to become involved with international students and help them learn about typical American lives such as experiencing a typical American meal, holiday or other traditional family activity.”
Walsh University is an independent, co-educational Catholic liberal arts and sciences institution that promotes academic excellence and diversity and provides close faculty-student interaction. It is dedicated to teaching its more than 3,000 students from 15 states and 24 countries to become leaders in service to others through a values-based education with an international perspective in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
http://http://www.walsh.edu/ OH, 44720 US
Kelly A Campbell - Director of University Relations, 330.490.7296
Walsh University, Catholic, Higher Education, College, International students
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Pope Francis Named 'Time' Person of the Year
- Time Magazine’s Man of the Year Accepts Greetings From Walsh University Students on the Morning He i
- Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles make Billboard Chart history
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions