Media Alert: The Mighty Macs DVD debuts Feb. 21
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Alexis Walkenstein, 678-990-9032 or
‘Inspirational sports film of the year’*
WHAT: THE MIGHTY MACS – a G-rated, inspiring story of finding the courage to chase your dreams – debuts on DVD Feb. 21. Called “the best inspirational sports film of the year,” THE MIGHTY MACS is based on the true story of Hall of Fame coach Cathy Rush (CARLA GUGINO), and charts the rise from obscurity of a small-college women’s basketball team that won the first national championship in the sport. In its theatrical premiere THE MIGHTY MACS opened as the highest-grossing independent film in the country and the No. 1 film in theaters for the entire family.
Neil Ganzlinger, The New York Times
“. . . this is a sports story that deserved to be told.”
Dick Rolfe, Dove Foundation
"Best inspirational sports film of the year!"
Most Rev. Charles J. Chaput, Archbishop of Philadelphia, Pa.
“This story of story of faith and determination is inspirational.”
Carla Gugino—NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
Ellen Burstyn—ALICE DOESN’T LIVE HERE ANYMORE
(Academy Award® Winner)
David Boreanaz—TV’s Bones
Marley Shelton—NEVER BEEN KISSED
SYNOPSIS: Based on a true story, THE MIGHTY MACS was inspired by Hall of Fame Coach Cathy Rush – a woman ahead of her time – who took a seemingly unnoticeable position as the head basketball coach at tiny Immaculata, an all-girls Catholic college in suburban Philadelphia. Courage and determination helped her overcome a myriad of obstacles and in the end lead a ragtag group of girls to the first-ever national championship in women’s college basketball.
• Deleted Scenes
• The Making of THE MIGHTY MACS Featurette
• THE MIGHTY MACS ESPN Segment
RUN TIME 100 Minutes
MPAA RATING G
DVD UPC CODE 0-43396-39237-3
DISTRIBUTION AFFIRM Films / Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Provident Films / Provident Distribution
To learn more, visit: TheMightyMacs.com
Visit The Maximus Group newsroom for:
• THE MIGHTY MACS Press Material
Academy Award® is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
* Dick Rolfe, The Dove Foundation
For interviews, contact Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or AWalkenstein@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group.
http://maxondeadline.com/the-mighty-macs-dvd/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
The Mighty Macs, Carla Gugino, Ellen Burstyn, David Boreanaz, Marley Shelton
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Media Advisory - Messenger of the Truth documentary to air throughout South Carolina
- Media Advisory - Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in San Francisco
- Walsh University Hosts Spring Commencement Ceremony, Sunday, May 4 Dr. Maryann Cusimano Love to Keyn
- Franciscan University Solidifies Ties With Historic Landmark- Kartause Maria Thronus Iesu
- Concert Series Concludes with Let’s Sing!
- Picking Up Where John Paul II Left Off
- FOUR PAULINE BOOKS & MEDIA TITLES AMONG ACP AWARD FINALISTS
- Saint Faustina Drama Comes to Historic Baltimore Church
- Massive Online Open Seminar on Women Deacons June 9-July 8, 2014
- Akron General Hosptial namesWalsh University Student is 2014 Outstanding Student Nurse of the Year