Article brought to you by: Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

Boston Marathon bomber got welfare while plotting attack

By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
April 24th, 2013
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

It's been revealed that 26-year-old mastermind of the Boston Marathon bombings, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who died in a standoff with police last week was living on taxpayer-funded state welfare benefits. Quoted as saying "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them," Tsarnaev was on the dole as he was delving into the world of radical anti-American Islamism.

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic online) - Tsarnaev was receiving benefits along with his wife, Katherine Russell Tsarnaev along with their three-year-old daughter. The state's Executive Office of Health and Human Services said those benefits ended in 2012 when the couple stopped meeting income eligibility limits.

Katherine, who had converted to Islam, was working up to 80 hours a week as a home health aide while Tsarnaev stayed at home, according to Russell Tsarnaev's attorney.

Both of Tsarnaev's parents also received benefits. Furthermore both his accused co-conspirator brother Dzhokhar along with Tamerlan were recipients through their parents when they were younger, according to the state.

Was Tsarnaev's radicalization, to generate hatred against the U.S. and plot its destruction, financed with U.S. taxpayer money?

Research has found that Tamerlan Tsarnaev's descent into extremist Islam began around 2008 or 2009, when the ethnic Chechen met a convert identified only as "Misha," began to become more devout, and sought out jihadist and conspiracy theorist Web sites, coupled with the rabidly anti-Semitic propaganda tract "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion."

According to Tamerlan's uncle, Ruslan Tsarnaev said it was around that time his nephew gave up drinking and was devoting himself to "God's business," while Tamerlan's mother, began wearing the Islamic headscarf hijab. She also began relating conspiracy theories about the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks to her cosmetology clients that she said her son had told her.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev first came to the attention of the FBI in early 2011, when the Russian FSB intelligence service contacted the U.S. agency to warn that he was suspected of being a dangerous radical and sought information.

"The request stated that it was based on information that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country's region to join unspecified underground groups." The FBI reported finding no "terrorism activity."

In mid-2011, Tamerlan was being monitored by the FSB, apparently prompting the FBI contact, ahead of his six-month trip home to Dagestan in 2012, where Time magazine reported he is believed to have attended a notorious radical mosque.

Article brought to you by: Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)