Article brought to you by: Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

Man dies after consuming mass quantities of live cockroach - Orlando

By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
November 26th, 2012
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

An autopsy report has concluded that a Florida man died because he didn't chew his food well enough. That mattered because his food happened to be live cockroaches.

ORLANDO, FL (Catholic Online) - Edward Archibold, 32, of West Palm Beach, died as a result of suffocation after winning a rather gruesome contest. Challenged to eat works and cockroaches, Archbold did his best and won a coveted prize, an ivory ball python.

The contest was a publicity stunt for the Ben Siegel Reptile Store.

The prize was intended for a friend; however he never had the chance to give it away.

Shortly after the contest, Archbold collapsed, choking on the insects he just ate.

The report found that Archibold had no toxic substances in his body, he simply died from an obstructed airway. Cockroaches don't take too well to be eaten alive by humans.

What a rough way to go...for all involved.

Article brought to you by: Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)