Partial birth abortionist ordered to shut down Cincinnati clinic by next week
Martin Haskell has brutal history involving women, children
Partial birth abortion advocate Martin Haskell has been ordered by the state of Ohio to shut down his Cincinnati-area abortion business on, or before February 4. Failing to meet Ohio's medical standards, Haskell's clinic was unable to obtain a transfer agreement with area hospitals to handle all cases of abortion complications against the mother.
Dr. martin Haskell performed over 1,000 partial-birth abortions and said the he "routinely" performed them on "all" patients who were between 20 and 24 weeks pregnant, according to National Right to Life.
Haskell has a long, terrifying history of brutal violence against women and children. Haskell popularized the now-banned partial-birth abortion procedure after he presented the technique at a National Abortion Federation seminar in 1992.
Show your support for Life -- by going here --
Haskell performed over 1,000 partial-birth abortions and said the he "routinely" performed them on "all" patients who were between 20 and 24 weeks pregnant, according to National Right to Life.
He also admitted that the majority of these late, partial-birth abortions were on healthy babies and mothers. This is a clear discrepancy that the abortion industry insists only happen in cases of severe fetal anomalies. Twenty-week abortion limits based on fetal pain have begun to gain traction in Congress and in state legislatures across the country.
"And I'll be quite frank: most of my abortions are elective in that 20-24 week range. . . . In my particular case, probably 20 percent [of this procedure] is for genetic reasons. And the other 80 percent are purely elective," Haskell said in a tape-recorded 1992 interview.
Haskell will not be permitted to victimize women and children any longer, at least not at his current facility in Ohio.
"We want to thank the Health Department for enforcing Ohio law and refusing to allow the abortion industry to escape complying with health and safety standards," Mike Gonidakis, the president of Ohio Right to Life said. "Women's health is priority number one and today's actions by the Kasich administration should serve as a wake-up call that Ohio will no longer turn a blind eye towards unhealthy medical practices."
Children, some old enough to feel excruciating pain, are being killed daily by the thousands. Americans are becoming more aware of this monstrous and inhumane practice. Numerous state legislatures and the U.S. House have already voted in favor of historic legislation to protect babies after 20 weeks, more than halfway through pregnancy and when research shows babies feel pain.
Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action'...
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?