Pay rent? How Obamacare will cause your rent to rise
It's no joke, your rent will actually go up. Here's why.
Americans hate hidden fees and taxes, but they're ubiquitous. Almost every purchase you make costs more than the price you see because of these fees and taxes. Your latest government-mandated purchase is no different. Obamacare comes with a whole list of fees and taxes that build atop already sky-high premiums.
It's another way to spread the wealth from the already-strapped middle class down to everyone else.
Your taxes are as follows:
Two percent for every health plan per month. That tax is expected to generate $8 billion for the government and will balloon to $14 billion over the next four years.
There's a $2 fee for every policy to fund the "Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute." It's unclear just what this organization will actually do with its millions, despite its benevolent name.
Insurers will pass along a 3.5 percent "user fee" just for having listed their plan on the HealthCare.gov website.
You will pay a 2.3 percent "medical device tax" which will increase the cost of many medical devices some people need for daily use. Think pacemakers, prosthetic limbs and such.
If you have high out-of-pocket medical expenses, you can deduct those from y our taxes. Except that allowance is going down as Obama takes away some of that money for his plan.
If you're doing okay out there, and you have $200,000 in income, you're going to get walloped by the new Medicare payroll tax that adds nearly 1 percent to your Medicare payroll deductions. You will also pay an additional 3.8 percent on what the government claims is "unearned" income, such as rents.
Of course, most of these increases will simply be passed on to the people who pay rent.
Yes, Obamacare will cause your rent to rise. It's not a joke or an exaggeration.
Likewise, premiums will rise as will the cost of everything. Obamacare is doing well now that it has been fixed, if by doing well we mean the sick and poor are signing up in droves. The healthy and uninsured, known as the "young invincibles" in the research data, and upon whom the entire scheme reply upon to pay premiums, aren't participating, at least not pas paying customers.
The people who are getting squeezed out of their insurance are the working, lower-middle class who are employed, but may not have employer-provided insurance, and who may qualify for federal subsidies, but still don't make enough to afford a steep monthly insurance premium.
Ultimately, there's growing suspicion that this plan is designed to fail because doctors are being squeezed for pay, insurance companies can't cover only the sick and make a profit, and government will scapegoat those same companies as they raise their rates to cover all the people the law makes them cover. Meanwhile, the young working citizens without insurance will simply find doctors who are willing to treat them for cash or will settle for non-qualifying plans. Most people will pay the penalties, which will be cheaper.
Next October, employers are expected to drop millions of Americans off their plans and accept government penalties for doing so. This will create a new crisis for the middle class.
Meanwhile, Obamacare will take literally billions of dollars out of the American economy and funnel it towards insurance companies and the government. As Americans pay hundreds of dollars per month extra for health insurance, they will have less to spend at restaurants, on shopping, on home improvement, children's activities, and more. There will be less consumer demand as insurance eats up family surpluses.
This will put pressure on employers to increase wages, especially among small businesses, who have barely survived the Great Recession and are not enjoying the banner years that Wall Street is reporting.
So what's next? In a year or so, this will become extraordinarily painful for Americans. Those in power know this, which is why they have done all they can to postpone full implementation for as long as possible. In particular, you will notice that full implementation will occur after the 2014 mid-term elections. That's deliberate.
As the lower middle class is crushed and pressure is put on small businesses, the people will cry for relief from Obamacare, and who will be there to provide it-but Obama himself?
Then, as he prepares to exit the White House in his last year, he can bestow his true legacy: a single payer, socialized healthcare system that will handle everything for everyone by eliminating choice and making everybody pay via tax increases. The system will take years to implement, but the downhill slide into it has already begun. Obama has already won; the great general first seeks victory, then seeks battle.
Now take your medicine.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?