Shocking! Sebelius tells truth: YES, Obamacare will cost you more.
Sebelius makes shocking concession.
Kathleen Sebelius actually told the truth to Florida residents during a visit to a local library in Miami. Sebelius admitted that some people will pay more under the affordable care act.
Sebelius has championed the Obama lie that Obamacare would make insurance affordable and accessible to all. This may be a true statement, but one that requires a transition to a single-payer, socialized healthcare system, which may be the long-term goal of the Obama administration and something seen within the next decade.
For now, Obamacare is providing free healthcare to the poor and unemployed, but costing the middle class more and more as they are forced to pay high premiums that can rival car payments for individuals and mortgage payments for families.
Even with government subsidies (read: your money) the prices are still prohibitively high and millions of Americans are expected to opt out. Enrollements have been low since October and although mucho f that has been blamed on issues with the Federal Obamacare website, enrollments are still lower than anticipated even following an expensive series of fixes.
Enrollment has been most successful for those signing up for fully subsidized healthcare plans, in other words, people who qualify for free federally-funded healthcare as opposed to official, privately provided Obamacare plans.
Most Americans also remain blissfully unaware that their employers will be sorely tempted to drop their generously provided employer-provided coverage next October. That development is expected to drive more Americans out of the market.
Meanwhile, Kathleen Sebelius told listeners in a Miami public library, "There are some individuals who may be looking at increases."
Naturally, the prices will rise as insurance companies first try to compensate for those who opt out of paying while the sickest enroll in the most expensive plans. Then, as federal programs to cover the uninsured inevitably follow, the government will need to charge more to cover its costs. The U.S. government is notorious for paying premium prices for even the most mundane things. Imagine the day they provide healthcare for hundreds of millions of Americans instead of the tens of millions they are covering now.
Sebelius is telling the truth, but she's still pulling a punch by saying "some." Unfortunately, the Obama administration and Sebelius think the American people are stupid.
What's next? More than some? Half? Most? Eventually all?
So, are the American people stupid? We'll see.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Why America's Catholics Need an Apocalypse
- Surveillance is 'setting fire' to the Internet, whistle blower Snowden says
- INTERNET TAKEOVER: Senator introduces bill to prevent online takeover from U.N., or foreign power
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?