Does president respect the Constitution? Obama has steadily violated a bevy of Constitutional provisions
President has violated separation of powers, specific elements of the Bill of Rights, among others
"I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution." then-Senator Barack Obama said at a fundraiser in 2007. The subject of Obama's ire was then President George W. Bush. The question, is, has President Obama really "respected" the Constitution since he took office as leader of the United States? His track record is rather grim --
In the latest example of Constitutional disrespect, Obama unilaterally decided to tell insurance companies that they could now allow sale of plans in the individual insurance market that Obamacare had prevented.
In just the latest - last week, to be precise, Obama unilaterally decided to tell insurance companies that they could now allow sale of plans in the individual insurance market that Obamacare had prevented. This will force five million Americans off the health plans they preferred and had previously chosen.
AFTER THE UNSPEAKABLE, WE SPEAK HOPE. Support Catholic Online's response to Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. DONATE NOW ...
"Obama's announcement is a flagrant and undeniable violation of his constitutional duty under the Take Care Clause," Ken Klukowski of Breitbart News writes. He says that this is a violation of the Constitutional separation of powers. "The provisions of Obamacare causing enormous trouble for insurance plans are mandatory, and only Congress can change those parts of the Affordable Care Act."
Obama has a long, dreary history of violating the Constitutional balance of powers. he has unilaterally suspended enforcement of immigration law; he has refused to prosecute drug law violators; he simply stopped defending federal laws he didn't like, like the Defense of Marriage Act, in court; he issues waivers on Obamacare and the No Child Left Behind Act; Obama's Environmental Protection Agency has attempted to regulate carbon emissions when Congress didn't push through a global warming bill; he appointed members of the National Labor Relations Board in violation of law; his administration rammed through an auto bailout that screwed bondholders, as well as a slush fund from British Petroleum.
"Mr. Obama came to office promising to deliver a new kind of politics. He did-his own, unilateral governance," Kimberly Strassel of the Wall Street Journal writes.
More importantly, Obama's respect for the Constitution does not extend to freedom of religion. For example, his administration has forced religious business owners to pay for insurance plans that cover activities in violation of religious precepts.
Obama has also condemned exercises of speech he doesn't like as violative of American principles.
"Obama has never respected the Constitution. In fact, he sees it as a barrier to his ambitions. That's why, as a senior law lecturer at the University of Chicago, he lamented the fact that the Warren Court 'never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society,'" Ben Shapiro, Editor-At-Large of Breitbart News writes.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Why America's Catholics Need an Apocalypse
- Surveillance is 'setting fire' to the Internet, whistle blower Snowden says
- INTERNET TAKEOVER: Senator introduces bill to prevent online takeover from U.N., or foreign power
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?