Was Obamacare intended to fail? Nation staggers towards socialized healthcare
Obamacare failure is the latest step in a complex scheme.
The failure of Obamacare is hitting hard, even though the Obama administration remains adamant that its provisions take full effect on Jan 1. The latest report indicates that Obamacare has enrolled only 3 percent of its 2014 target, and other reasons, such as expense, are likely keeping enrollees away.
In addition to the hard failure of the website, the expense of the plans is likely causing many people to shy away. Cost calculators on websites such as the more reliable Covered California, reveal prices that range into the mid-hundreds for a middle-aged, single individual. These prices are the same as a new car payment.
For a family, those costs add swiftly, and feel more like a mortgage payment.
Millions are realizing that they cannot afford Obamacare, even without religious objections to the deeply-flawed program. The savvy have already come up with a new strategy to game the system. That is to go without insurance and to pay the penalty, and just paying for healthcare as they go. Private physicians are already doing a booming business seeing patients on an as-needed basis and collecting cash.
In the event of a catastrophic illness, patients can then sign up for insurance and get it since the law requires they cannot be denied.
In short, Obamacare is failing, especially in the mandates to individuals and businesses. It is cheaper for people to pay penalty taxes than to spend money on high-priced plans which will skyrocket as soon as insurers realize they're not getting the payers they were promised by Obama.
A vicious cycle has already started. As costs increase, fewer people will be able to afford insurance. As fewer people buy insurance, costs will have to rise to cover those who go without insurance. The politicians will have to act to fix Obamacare.
But will the fix be worse than the disease? It's guaranteed.
The real losers in the Obamacare system are the lower-middle class, who cannot afford the premiums, even with government subsidies. Subsidies, it should be noted, paid for with public tax dollars.
This will force government to consider new options. One is to place strict controls on rising medical prices, a move that would already worsen expected shortages. The other option is to expand the Medicaid program to allow people in the lower-middle class to access the program.
This second option is the most likely, and it would move the nation closer to a single-payer system. The Medicaid system will simply grow by steps until most of the people are covered by it.
With this in mind, it is curious to wonder if Obamacare was actually intended to fail from the outset. If so, then that makes Obamacare the greatest deception of the current administration and possibly the greatest betrayal of the American trust by a sitting president in recent history.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?