Hideous new PowerPoint slide reveals NSA intrusion into Google security
Google engineers broke into profanity when they saw slide.
The latest revelation from Edward Snowden is so shocking that it caused Google engineers to "explode into profanity." Yet another program apparently intercepts data from Google, without their knowledge and deposits it in the gaping maw of the NSA.
It's unclear if the Google engineers broke into profanity because of the intrusion or the horrible slide itself.
That spying apparently included bypassing Google's security measures. The effort was apparently so successful that it caused two Google engineers that viewed the slide to "explode into profanity" according to the Post.
Google released a statement saying they "are outraged at the lengths to which the government seems to have gone to intercept data from our private fiber networks, and it underscores the need for urgent reform."
"We do not provide any government, including the U.S. government, with access to our systems," the Google statement ads.
The NSA's director, General Keith Alexander has confessed that the NSA has access to Google and Yahoo databases, but added that "we go through a court order."
That court is a secret court, which does not answer to the American people, making it a virtual rubber-stamp for the prying organization.
The program is known by the acronym MUSCULAR, and according to apologetics from the NSA, it does not collect "vast quantities" of data on Americans.
This shouldn't matter. A single byte of data collected from an American is too much.
Also revealed is that the MUSCULAR program is operated jointly by the British intelligence service, GCHQ. Allegedly, an unnamed communications provider has tapped into a Google cable network that allows unencrypted data to pass swiftly between Google and Yahoo.
According to the Post, millions of records shared between Google and Yahoo are sent to data collection facilities every day. Entire transmissions of data that are sent on fiber optic cables between the two tech firms are being intercepted and stored by the NSA.
The White House has declined to comment.
The revelation sets tech firms such as Google back on its heels because the firm has recently emphasized security to its customers. Now, with surreptitious government surveillance going on across networks, confidence in the privacy assurance of firms such as Google is shaken.
Google is likely to take steps to avoid a continuation of NSA surveillance.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?