Emails prove Lois Learner broke federal law, but will she go to prison?
Jail is unlikely given the protection of the Obama administration.
Lois Learner participated in a blatant violation of federal law by sharing confidential tax information from several Tea Party groups with the Federal Election Commission. The crime has been exposed in a series of newly-released emails.
According to the documents, the Federal Elections Commission emailed the IRS to ask if it had granted tax exempt status to a pair of Tea Party groups, the American Future Fund and the American Issues Project.
At the time of the FEC request, the IRS had not yet decided on their applications. The email request was dated to Feb. 3, 2009.
Within 10 minutes, Learner replied to the request, saying she would forward the email to her staff and reply.
Learner did eventually reply, but her reply did not contain a simple yes or no, as was suggested by the initial email. Instead, her reply contained detailed information on the groups including tax returns, request for exemption forms, Articles of Organization, and other documents as well as letters between them and the IRS.
This was clearly a violation federal law, but the emails show that Learner did it anyway.
Learner has since quit her post and plead the Fifth during congressional hearings, although she made a statement to the panel, which legally waives her Fifth Amendment right.
Learner should be compelled to return and give testimony on her actions. She should tell the truth to the American people, confess for her crime and be sent to prison along with others who are also guilty in the scandal.
The fundamental rights and freedoms of many Americans were trampled deliberately because their political views did not match those of the President and others in power. This is tyranny, and tyrants must be brought to justice.
Of course, it does seem a little naive to expect justice from the current administration.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Small businesses will have to wait: Obama delays coverage to businesses for a year
- No surprise: EPA prepares fresh stack of over 130 new regulations
- Supreme Court to Hear New Cases Challenging Constitutionality of Obamacare Mandate
- NSA monitoring pornography Web sites of suspected troublemakers
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?