It's who you know: First lady's Princeton classmate designed 'Obamacare' Web site
Senior vice president at CGI Federal earned the no-bid contract to build multi-million Web site
In the world of business, they say, it's who you know . Although at this point in time, not many people would want the highly fragile and unstable "Obamacare" Web site on their resume! Michelle Obama's Princeton classmate Toni Townes-Whitley takes credit for that national debacle. A top executive at the company that earned the contract, it's not known if she will be taking part in repairing the disabled Web site.
Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of '85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal. Her company won the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment Web site at Healthcare.gov.
A onetime policy analyst with the General Accounting Office, Townes-Whitley previously served in the Peace Corps in Gabon, West Africa.
In turn, George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare Web site contract.
CGI was one of 16 companies qualified under the Bush administration to provide certain tech services to the federal government.
A senior vice president for the company testified this week before The House Committee on Energy and Commerce that four companies submitted bids. Those companies, or an explanation of why only CGI's bid was considered was not revealed.
It runs in the family: Construction of the deeply flawed Healthcare.gov Web site was overseen by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), a division of longtime failed Web site-builder Kathleen Sebelius' Department of Health and Human Services.
The company told reporters that there would be "nothing coming out of CGI for the record or otherwise today."
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Small businesses will have to wait: Obama delays coverage to businesses for a year
- No surprise: EPA prepares fresh stack of over 130 new regulations
- Supreme Court to Hear New Cases Challenging Constitutionality of Obamacare Mandate
- NSA monitoring pornography Web sites of suspected troublemakers
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?