Welcome to reality! Millions of Americans who believed Obama's lie are getting insurance cancellation notices
Obama told Americans they could keep their doctors.
Millions of Americans have received cancellation notices in advance of Obamacare as their insurance companies dump them and force them into the Obamacare exchanges. Most are outraged after being promised by Obama that they could keep their existing doctors.
The reason for their shock is that they believed a lie told by Obama to the American people. They shouldn't be surprised. The current administration has not dealt honestly with the American people at any time, ever. From promises to close the prisons at Guantanamo Bay, to assurances that the administration would be transparent in its dealings, the lies have come full-stream for years.
Now, many Americans are being sent to the insurance exchanges where they must buy a standardized plan that suits Obama and the insurance companies.
Previously, people could choose plans which were tailored to their needs. Young people who rarely became ill could purchase minimal plans and people who needed more care could buy more expensive plans that accounted for their condition.
The people most harmed by the cancellation are the young, particularly in the middle class. They young who need less care than others are being forced to buy a plan that covers everything, and like everyone else must choose between paying high premiums or high co-pays and deductibles.
For many Americans, this means a cost increase. For some who work in the lower-middle class, and who use doctors on an as-needed basis, paying as they go, Obamacare will prove especially devastating. Instead of dropping a hundred dollars now and then on an occasional doctor visit, many will pay upwards of $300 per month for personal overage. That's about the same as a monthly payment on a decent used car or an inexpensive new one.
Since the Obamacare penalties are light for non-compliance in the first year, it is more likely that many will hold off on taking on the extra expense for at least a year, opting to pay the penalty tax than take on a high monthly expense for a service they will hardly need.
Obamacare, despite its more popular provisions, is proving to be even more of a disaster than even Republicans predicted. Millions are losing their doctors, costs are going up for many, and those who wish to manage their care independently of government compulsion are being told they must instead consume, or at least pay for, a particular amount of insurance.
The government is forcing Americans to buy insurance or pay a tax, apparently a perfectly constitutional thing, even if that thing also tramples on their conscience and violates religious freedom. Obamacare makes killing children in the womb and consuming life-destroying chemicals free of charge while costs for life-saving prescriptions remain high, and in some cases will rise dramatically. Businesses are also dropping their coverage for millions more Americans, preferring instead to pay the mild penalties rather than the gargantuan expense of healthcare.
Finally, once all Americans and businesses are yoked into the program, costs will rise. Doctor shortages are predicted. In short, by forcing every American into the system, even people who don't need or want it, everybody will suffer equally under the crushing oppression of Obamacare.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?