IRS caught swapping info with White House, this time the evidence is damning
Although redacted, emails demonstrate illegal discussion between White House and IRS.
Evidence of yet more misconduct on behalf of the IRS and the White House may have come to light today as the house Oversight and Government Reform Committee has revealed to the Daily Caller.
Rep. Darrel Issa (R-CA) is seeking unredacted emails which could help close yet another case of IRS corruption.
According to the evidence, Sarah Hall Ingram, a top IRS official, communicated by email with top White House officials in 2012 about religious organizations that were opposing Obamacare's contraception mandate.
According to the committee, the emails appear to contain confidential information shared between Ingram and White House policy adviser Ellen Montz and deputy assistant to the president for health policy, Jeanne Lambrew.
The emails contain a signifier, "6103." That code refers specifically to Section 6103 of the IRS Code which bars any federal employee from disclosing "any return or return information obtained by him in any manner in connection with his service as such an officer or an employee."
By sharing the information, those involved in the conversation chose to break the law.
According to the Daily Caller, emails made direct reference to the illegal exchange.
"Thanks, David. Thanks for the information on ," White House official Lambrew wrote to IRS official David Fish in a July 20, 2012 exchange. "I am still hoping to understand whether the 50 percent rule is moot if the organization does not offer goods and services for sale to the general public. Do we assume that organizations like  do offer goods and services for sale?"
This exchange as quoted from the Daily Caller reveals that IRS officials and White House officials knew precisely what they were doing and that it was wrong.
Ingram appeared before Issa';s committee today and disavowed any knowledge of the exchange.
"Do you know what's underneath the blackout?" Issa asked Ingram. "I don't recall the document," Ingram answered.
Issa has requested the unredacted versions of the emails, which is permissible in the course of a Congressional investigation.
Ingram was responsible for the branch of the IRS that oversaw tax-exempt organizations and found itself in trouble after revelations that they targeted conservative groups which applied for tax-exempt status.
It is becoming obvious that both the Obama administration and the IRS have little respect for the law when it comes to promoting their agendas. The reputation of both institutions, so essential to democracy, are tarnished as a result.
As of yet, no criminal charges have been filed against anyone.
Discover the true meaning of Christmas!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?