What will Caesar-Obama do to these two bishops that intend to disobey him?
Bishops plan civil disobediance to Obama edict.
Bishop Paul S. Loverde of the Diocese of Arlington has put the Obama administration on notice regarding the HHS edict, saying he will not comply with the unjust law.
The letter was composed jointly by Bishop Loverde and Bishop Francis X DiLorenzo and has been reported by CNSNews.
At issue is the HHS mandate that contraceptives, abortifacients and sterilizations be paid for by employers so that women who seek these dangerous and deadly procedures will not have to suffer a co-pay.
The edict makes religious institutions and individuals responsible participants in the mass murder of millions of unborn children through procured abortion. Naturally, people of faith are in rebellion and ate refusing to comply with the law, preferring to pay a fine to Caesar than commit sin against God and deny the fundamental human right to life.
In March of 2012, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops made clear to the Obama administration that its HHS edict was both "unjust and illegal" and that it violated the religious freedom guaranteed under the First Amendment. The case is on its way to the U.S. Supreme Court.
However, a ruling on the matter will not be issued until next summer at best, so in the meantime religious employers and individuals are expected to start paying or face a stiff penalty. Those penalties are so severe, they will force many small employers out of business.
It is ironic that Obamacare seeks to make deadly chemicals and procedures available free of charge, yet people will still have to pay for lifesaving procedures and medication. It demonstrates the infiltration of Satan into our governing process and the twisted thinking that goes on in the halls of the White House and Congress.
"People of faith cannot be made second-class citizens. We are already joined by our brothers and sisters of all faiths and many others of good will in this important effort to regain our religious freedom. Our parents and grandparents did not come to these shores to help build America's cities and towns, its infrastructure and institutions, its enterprise and culture, only to have their posterity stripped of their God-given rights," the bishops wrote in their letter.
Many Americans like certain provisions of Obamacare, such as the requirement that preexisting conditions be covered and that certain standards of care are maintained. However, they object to being compelled to consume health insurance against their choice (or face a penalty), and they most vehemently object to being compelled to pay for the dangerous procedures that some women choose to undergo because they have been severely influenced by the corruption of our culture.
Obamacare can be tolerated, but onerous provisions such as the individual mandate and the HHS edict must go. Not just because those policies raise the price of coverage and compel consumption (the government manipulates prices all the time), but because those policies smack of coercion and undermine the very principles our nation was founded upon.
Meanwhile, Bishops Loverde and DiLorenzo have made clear they intend to engage in civil disobedience - to the Obama regime. What will become of them and their resistance remains to be witnessed. their heroism is to be applauded. They set an example we should all be prepared to follow.
Click here to learn about our Saint Michael the Archangel conference this Nov 1-3!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?