NO COMMUNION FOR YOU! Pelosi MUST be denied communion under the law
Pelosi says she refuses to mix her faith with politics.
CNS News is reporting via various sources that the Vatican is affirming that House Minority Leader, Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) must be denied communion under the law of the Catholic Church. The statement originated from Cardinal Raymond Burke, archbishop emeritus of St. Louis and Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura.
Pelosi must be denied communion, which should teach a lesson to a practicing and faithful Catholic such as her.
According to Canon 915, Catholics who persist "in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to Holy Communion."
Burke said in an interview in The Wanderer, a Catholic weekly, "Certainly this is a case when Canon 915 must be applied."
Communion is a key sacrament, central and essential to the Catholic faith.
Specifically, Pelosi's grave sin is her unwavering support for abortion. CNS quoted Cardinal Burke as saying, "This is a prime example of what Blessed John Paul II referred to as the situation of Catholics who have divorced their faith from their public life and therefore are not serving their brothers and sisters in the way that they must--in safeguarding and promoting the life of the innocent and defenseless unborn, in safeguarding and promoting the integrity of marriage and the family,"
According to the same report, Pelosi distanced herself from the abortion issue during a mid-June interview in which she was asked "if there is a moral difference between aborting a baby at 26 weeks and what Dr. Kermit Gosnell did in Philadelphia in delivering babies alive at 23 weeks and then severing their spinal cords to kill them?
The cornered Pelosi ducked behind the robes of her alleged faith, "As a practicing and respectful Catholic, this is sacred ground to me when we talk about this. I don't think it should have anything to do with politics, and that's where you're taking it and I'm not going there."
Both Cardinal burke and CNS News closed the lid on Pelosi by referencing Saint Sir Thomas Moore, the sixteenth century Lord Chancellor of England and personal friend to Henry VIII. Moore was beheaded as an example to others after he refused to swear an oath of supremacy to Henry VIII which would have affirmed his role as the head of the Church in England.
Moore refused to separate his political life from his faith, which resulted in his death.
Meanwhile, Pelosi is drawing a distinction because to be faithful might cost her a precious 100 percent rating on NARAL Pro-Choice America.
In an age when the nation needs more saints like St. Sir Thomas Moore, we have leaders like Nancy Pelosi. There should be no wonder why the United States persists in rapid decline.
Click here to learn about our Saint Michael the Archangel conference this Nov 1-3!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?