Deficit spending - You're being lied to, Reublicans and Democrats take you for a fool
Nobody is doing anything about it.
For the third time, we'd like to expose the blatant lies of our government and ask why nobody is doing anything about them. The federal government is reporting a deficit of $98 billion but that the national debt remains just $25 million below the official debt ceiling.
This is despite holding at that figure for the past 87 days.
It's a blatant lie, and it's also illegal. The federal government isn't allowed to surpass the debt ceiling without formal Congressional approval.
How are they getting away with it? Two ways. First, the treasury is printing the official lie that we remain $25 million below the threshold. Second, not one single person "serving" in the House or Senate is calling the president on this lie.
Nobody is calling for an investigation, the appointment of a special prosecutor, or even for the practice to stop.
The reason is corruption. Neither party stands to benefit from a protracted debt ceiling debate, so both are participating in the lie. A debt ceiling debate would compel politicians to reveal their loyalties and to vote against some of the interests which have bought and paid for them, so they're avoiding the matter entirely.
How hypocritical after a protracted debt ceiling debate that cost the U.S. its credit rating!
Neither side is serious about solving problems that confront citizens living on Main Street. Both sides gain political mileage from the endless debates, useless laws, and political grandstanding.
Our nation has had problems with issues such as immigration, welfare reform, government spending, abortion and more for decades.
Yet, despite decades of voting and debating and holding national discussions, every single problem persists. In fact, they're worse than ever before.
Our government is a circus of crooks, thieves, and liars, and we just keep on electing them.
Jesus certainly weeps for us.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?