Obama regime calls for 'Salem Witch Hunt' to get leakers before they cause embarrassment
Flawed program suggests there are still more secrets the regime wants to keep hidden.
In an effort to prevent further embarrassment, the discredited Obama regime has initiated a witch hunt of major proportions, asking government workers and contractors to essentially spy on their coworkers and report anything they feel could be suspicious.
The fact that such a program has been implemented suggests that there's plenty more for Obama to hide, and he certainly doesn't want it out.
Unfortunately, the program will amount to little more than a witch hunt, based squarely on a faulty rubric and flawed logic. It's certain to devastate worker morale.
The program encourages the reporting of any behavior which coworkers feel could suggest a likelihood of leaking inside information about a program. Any employee showing "indicators of insider threat behavior" or "suspicious behavior" such as lifestyle choices, attitudes, financial troubles, odd working hours, or unexplained travel, should be reported.
Essentially, anyone who may depart from the mainstream for any reason, even if for a short period, should be reported and investigated.
Management will be given full access to employee personnel records including payroll, disciplinary, and personal contact files, information on any classified networks they are permitted to access, polygraph results, travel reports, and financial disclosure forms.
The program is seeking individuals who don't just fit a specific profile, but anybody suspicious, which means it drags a wide net over all government employees. According to the Obama regime, people who have leaked information in the past have given subtle indicators of their change in attitude and loyalty by means of comments and changes in behavior. The regime wants to train personnel who can spot these people before they leak information to the media or U.S. enemies. Or allies.
Despite the regime's development of a criteria for seeking out spies before they turn coat, a National Research Council report from 2008 claimed that "there is no consensus in the relevant scientific community nor on the committee regarding whether any behavioral surveillance or physiological monitoring techniques are ready for use at all." In other words, at least in 2008, none of this was shown to work after careful scrutiny.
Nonetheless, it has become the new strategy for the Obama regime in an effort to stem the tide of embarrassment that comes with the truth.
Of course, to prevent embarrassing leaks, the regime could try to pursue honest, ethical, and Constitutional practices, but then that just wouldn't be their style.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?