Obama regime calls for 'Salem Witch Hunt' to get leakers before they cause embarrassment
Flawed program suggests there are still more secrets the regime wants to keep hidden.
In an effort to prevent further embarrassment, the discredited Obama regime has initiated a witch hunt of major proportions, asking government workers and contractors to essentially spy on their coworkers and report anything they feel could be suspicious.
The fact that such a program has been implemented suggests that there's plenty more for Obama to hide, and he certainly doesn't want it out.
Unfortunately, the program will amount to little more than a witch hunt, based squarely on a faulty rubric and flawed logic. It's certain to devastate worker morale.
The program encourages the reporting of any behavior which coworkers feel could suggest a likelihood of leaking inside information about a program. Any employee showing "indicators of insider threat behavior" or "suspicious behavior" such as lifestyle choices, attitudes, financial troubles, odd working hours, or unexplained travel, should be reported.
Essentially, anyone who may depart from the mainstream for any reason, even if for a short period, should be reported and investigated.
Management will be given full access to employee personnel records including payroll, disciplinary, and personal contact files, information on any classified networks they are permitted to access, polygraph results, travel reports, and financial disclosure forms.
The program is seeking individuals who don't just fit a specific profile, but anybody suspicious, which means it drags a wide net over all government employees. According to the Obama regime, people who have leaked information in the past have given subtle indicators of their change in attitude and loyalty by means of comments and changes in behavior. The regime wants to train personnel who can spot these people before they leak information to the media or U.S. enemies. Or allies.
Despite the regime's development of a criteria for seeking out spies before they turn coat, a National Research Council report from 2008 claimed that "there is no consensus in the relevant scientific community nor on the committee regarding whether any behavioral surveillance or physiological monitoring techniques are ready for use at all." In other words, at least in 2008, none of this was shown to work after careful scrutiny.
Nonetheless, it has become the new strategy for the Obama regime in an effort to stem the tide of embarrassment that comes with the truth.
Of course, to prevent embarrassing leaks, the regime could try to pursue honest, ethical, and Constitutional practices, but then that just wouldn't be their style.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?