Decision Time - No exemption for persons with a conscience under Obamacare's most onerous provision
Say goodbye to freedom of religion.
It's decision time for Christians who say they support life and religious freedom. The Department of Health and Human Services released the final text of the Obamacare mandate that requires healthcare plans to provide free contraception, sterilizations, abortifacients, and abortion-inducing drugs.
What's not included?
Your right to religious freedom.
Catholics and other Christians as well as anyone with a religious conscience will now have to start paying for health insurance plans that provide free contraception, sterilization, abortifacients, and abortion-inducing drugs to women at will.
This makes anyone who pays for these plans complicit in mass murder.
The Obama administration hopes that individuals are able to quell their conscience sufficiently to pay up, or fear the penalties enough to comply without raising anymore fuss. However, several lawsuits are pending in a bid to defend the religious freedom of all.
There are what the Obama administration calls "accommodations" in the law for certain organizations, bnt the exemption is very narrow and is more of a linguistic slight-of-hand than a true exemption.
Religious, non-profit organizations that promote themselves as such are "eligible organizations" that can apply to the IRS for exemption. If they do manage to secure an exemption, then the insurance company will be required to cover the difference. Naturally, the money for this coverage will not come out of their profits. Instead, it will anticipate these costs and build them into premiums and other costs they compel clients to pay.
Someone has to pay, and no matter what, it will be you.
Insurance companies notably do not have the option to opt out of such provisions either. For example, a Catholic university could not contract with a Catholic insurer to protect themselves. The insurance company would be compelled to pay, even if the university were exempt.
All of this will be overseen by the IRS, a department due to be headed by nobody less than Lois Lerner, although that may now change. Lois Lerner has been promoted to the department that oversees business compliance with Obamacare regulations.
Lerner is currently under Congressional investigation for her alleged role in the IRS harassment of conservative organizations that were applying for non-profit status.
So, the law of the land has been issued and all that's left are to pay and obey.
What decision will you make?
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?