Decision Time - No exemption for persons with a conscience under Obamacare's most onerous provision
Say goodbye to freedom of religion.
It's decision time for Christians who say they support life and religious freedom. The Department of Health and Human Services released the final text of the Obamacare mandate that requires healthcare plans to provide free contraception, sterilizations, abortifacients, and abortion-inducing drugs.
What's not included?
Your right to religious freedom.
Catholics and other Christians as well as anyone with a religious conscience will now have to start paying for health insurance plans that provide free contraception, sterilization, abortifacients, and abortion-inducing drugs to women at will.
This makes anyone who pays for these plans complicit in mass murder.
The Obama administration hopes that individuals are able to quell their conscience sufficiently to pay up, or fear the penalties enough to comply without raising anymore fuss. However, several lawsuits are pending in a bid to defend the religious freedom of all.
There are what the Obama administration calls "accommodations" in the law for certain organizations, bnt the exemption is very narrow and is more of a linguistic slight-of-hand than a true exemption.
Religious, non-profit organizations that promote themselves as such are "eligible organizations" that can apply to the IRS for exemption. If they do manage to secure an exemption, then the insurance company will be required to cover the difference. Naturally, the money for this coverage will not come out of their profits. Instead, it will anticipate these costs and build them into premiums and other costs they compel clients to pay.
Someone has to pay, and no matter what, it will be you.
Insurance companies notably do not have the option to opt out of such provisions either. For example, a Catholic university could not contract with a Catholic insurer to protect themselves. The insurance company would be compelled to pay, even if the university were exempt.
All of this will be overseen by the IRS, a department due to be headed by nobody less than Lois Lerner, although that may now change. Lois Lerner has been promoted to the department that oversees business compliance with Obamacare regulations.
Lerner is currently under Congressional investigation for her alleged role in the IRS harassment of conservative organizations that were applying for non-profit status.
So, the law of the land has been issued and all that's left are to pay and obey.
What decision will you make?
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?