IRS persecution: Religious employers have until August 1 to become participants in the REAL war on women, or else...
HHS mandate exemption expires on August 1.
August 1 will be D-Day for religious organizations and their immediate auxiliaries as the Health and Human Services contraception mandate exemption expires. Beginning on that day, religious organizations and employers, as well as their employees, will have to violate their conscience in order to comply with the law, or pay stiff fines enforced by the IRS.
Never mind the fact that these drugs are some of the cheapest on the market and that reproductive decisions can be made for free because they are first and foremost behavior-based decisions.
In spite of this, employers who do not provide free contraceptives and abortifacients to their employees will face fines of up to $100 per day.
The law does provide a very narrow exemption for religious organizations and their auxiliaries, however to obtain such an exemption an organization will be required to complete byzantine IRS forms and it will be subjected to intense IRS scrutiny. The IRS at its sole discretion may determine whether or not an organization qualifies for an exemption.
Should be no problem, right?
A series of lawsuits have already been brought against the Health and Human Services mandate, the largest being that spearheaded by Hobby Lobby, an arts and crafts chain run by conservative Christian owners. Hobby Lobby faces potential fines of up to $1.3 million for its refusal to comply with the mandate.
After August 1, a new flurry of lawsuits is expected.
Meanwhile, any organization that requires an exemption to the law will need to complete meticulous paperwork that will be scrutinized by IRS officials to determine whether or not an exemption is warranted.
Given recent scandals involving the IRS, and their lack of impartiality, plan to have the IRS oversee compliance is raising concern.
The IRS has already demonstrated that it is incapable of behaving in an impartial fashion.
Of course, any employer who seeks an exemption or who files a lawsuit, or simply refuses to comply, will be deemed by the left as waging a war on women. It is ironic that organizations whose only desire is to preserve the lives of baby girls in the womb, as well as boys, should be accused of waging a war. And when it is further considered that a full half of all the victims of abortion are baby girls (future women) it seems curious that social conservatives and the religious are cast as the ones fighting a war on women.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Why America's Catholics Need an Apocalypse
- Republicans win BIG! Special election in Florida watched closely.
- Surveillance is 'setting fire' to the Internet, whistle blower Snowden says
- INTERNET TAKEOVER: Senator introduces bill to prevent online takeover from U.N., or foreign power
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?