Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
Where does the buck stop anymore?
A senate committee is holding hearings Tuesday on targeting done by the IRS against conservative groups and individuals. The White House now admits that one of its insiders knew about the scandal but denies that Obama knew or had any involvement.
Ruemmler then notified White House Chief of Staff, Denis McDonough. However, despite his chief of staff being informed, Obama somehow remained uninformed of this serious situation.
Carney says that no one notified Obama on what was going on with the IRS.
"We knew the subject of the investigation and we knew the nature of some of the potential findings, but we did not have a copy of the draft report. We did not know the details, the scope, or the motivation surrounding the misconduct and we did not know who was responsible. Most importantly, the report was not final and still very much subject to change," Carney explained.
The White House remains on the defensive in light of the new information and it suggests that despite being caught up in controversy, the administration continues to evade responsibility in three separate scandals.
In addition to the IRS scandal, the administration is under fire for its failure to protect Americans in Benghazi as well as its harsh tactics in investigating the press.
The latter controversy, Obama's attack on the press, has many asking if the press is now turned against Obama given his harsh treatment of reporters. The White House seized the records of more than 100 AP journalists earlier in the month as it worked to discover the source of a leak.
Meanwhile, the IRS scandal continues to grow as more conservative groups and individuals come forward to share their stories of harassment at the hands of the IRS. The new revelations indicate that the targeting was very widespread and systematic.
Meanwhile, Americans are somehow expected to believe that Obama was ignorant of the entire affair and moreover, is somehow free of responsibility for what the agents of his administration know and do.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Federal judge declares NSA's collection of domestic phone records unconstitutional
- Shocking! Sebelius tells truth: YES, Obamacare will cost you more.
- The Collapse of Culture Calls for 'Radical' Christian Action
- Sibelius grilled over lie to committee, tells everyone to look up information for themselves
- Fiercely democratic Oregon only signs up 44 people for Obamacare
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?