Time to ask for a raise - ANOTHER report shows Obamacare will cost you 400 percent more and fail to accomplish its key mandates
Seventeen insurers project increases of $1,800 to $3,700.
There's new evidence out today that the Affordable Care Act will be anything but. According to 17 major insurance companies, premiums are already rising by 100 to 400 percent. Employers can expect their share to go up by about 50 to 100 percent.
There are two key reasons behind the increase. First, people will have wider access to more services, meaning more people will consume more healthcare than they did before. The second is that unhealthy people will be enrolling in healthcare because it is mandated they must do so and that insurance companies must accept them.
Although Obama promised the plan would lower costs by adding more payers into the system and subsidizing care, it will do no such thing. Instead, it will make healthcare more expensive for everybody because there is no way to control costs directly.
Of course direct cost controls would destroy incentives to produce and would lead to chronic shortages.
The market is in a no-win situation, at least as far as consumers are concerned.
However, profits will continue to rise for top industry executives and manufacturers of drugs and equipment.
For the average American, the report suggests costs will at least double. With the average citizen paying $1,900 per year for health insurance, that cost is expected to rise by another $1,800, making the total annual expenditure around $3,700 per person.
One of the worst parts about Obamacare is that it will only raise taxes on those least able to pay them. The poor will not be able to pay these inflated rates. They will find it cheaper to pay the Obamacare penalty tax than to purchase insurance.
For many poor, employment won't offer a path to insurance either. Many minimum wage workers can expect to see cuts in hours to prevent Obamacare mandates from compelling their employers to pay for insurance.
Instead of covering the millions of uninsured and making healthcare affordable, Obamacare has simply created new regulations, new taxes, and profited industry executives.
Read the report here.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?