See the list of 55 outrageous, unconstitutional questions asked by Obama and his IRS Agents
IRS harassment will be investigated starting this week.
The Daily Mail has published an exposť revealing the harassment the Richmond Tea Party endured as it waited to receive its tax exempt status. The IRS sent the organization a list of 55 revealing questions, including a request the organization name its volunteers.
READ THE OUTRAGEOUS, ILLEGAL IRS LETTER HERE
The question is perhaps one of the more egregious ones asked by the IRS as part of what appears to be organized, sanctioned, harassment of conservative organizations.
Other questions include a detailed description of events hosted by the organization including copies of the event programs, the credentials of organizers, and even the contents of speeches delivered at events.
Another question reads, "Provide copies of your materials on Face Book[sic]."
None of this information should genuinely matter to the IRS, whose sole concern is the proper handling of money and the reporting of transactions to the government for review for taxation.
Of course, if the IRS were to harass an organization, the Tea Party would be it. The TEA in tea party is actually an acronym for "Taxed Enough Already" and the strongly conservative movement is opposed to the tax and spend policies of the Federal government. It is particularly critical of the harassment which the IRS deals on an annual basis in an attempt to squeeze taxpayers for a few extra dollars.
However, the harassment the IRS has dealt the Richmond Tea Party is so egregious, that even Lois Lerner, the director of the IRS Exempt Organizations Division, apologized for the nature of the tactics the IRS was using against conservative groups.
The letter to the Richmond Tea Party was sent in January, 2012 and was part of a larger movement that began in 2010. According to preliminary investigation, the Cincinnati-based IRS office which vetted tax-exempt organizations, began targeting groups with "tea party," "patriot," or "9/12" in their names for greater scrutiny.
According to records, the IRS targeted 300 groups, mostly affiliated with the Tea Party.
Obama and the Democrats have become wary of the Tea Party because they have held a strong line on new taxes and against excessive government spending. Their political influence was integral to the congressional mid-term elections in 2010, and nearly kept Obama out of a second term of office in 2012.
So far, of the 300 groups that have applied to the IRS for their status, 150 are still waiting for approval. The remaining 25 have simply withdrawn their application.
For his part, Obama has come out publicly against the IRS scandal, condemning it before the press. Although Obama has known about the scandal since mid-April, he has only now addressed the problem. He certainly did not issue any calls for investigation or order any changes in IRS procedures.
In point of fact, as chief of the executive branch, Obama is personally responsible for the conduct of the IRS. Unfortunately, harassment and thuggish tactics are part and parcel of his administration's repertoire. It makes sense considering his background as a "community organizer" from Chicago.
His abject failure to investigate or sack IRS officials involved in this scandal suggests he himself could be complicit in it.
That's okay, however. Congress is beginning its probe into the IRS and its harassment of Americans seeking to exercise their First Amendment rights starting Wednesday.
It is hoped by many that Congress will use its power of subpoena and will question all involved, including President Obama himself. Why didn't Obama deal with this immediately?
And if he lies, there's always impeachment.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?