Sen. Graham predicts Benghazi investigation bombshell
Will Obama be impeached?
A the news that a U.S. Special Forces team was ordered to stand down in the face of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) says he thinks the "dam is about to break" on the Benghazi incident.
In spite of warnings that came before the attacks and information received during the attack, which lasted several hours, neither Obama nor Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did anything to mitigate the attack which took the lives of several Americans including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya.
On Tuesday, Senator Graham posted to Facebook, ""I think the dam is about to break on Benghazi. We're going to find a system failure before, during, and after the attacks.
"We're going to find political manipulation seven weeks before an election. We're going to find people asleep at the switch when it comes to the State Department, including Hillary Clinton.
"The bond that has been broken between those who serve us in harms[sic] way and the government they serve is huge - and to me every bit as damaging as Watergate."
Obama said he accepted responsibility just weeks before the elections while downplaying his involvement, claiming that neither he nor Hillary Clinton knew much about what was going on or why.
The Obama administration even claimed in the wake of the attack that it was a protest turned violent, and not an orchestrated attack.
However, the administration was compelled to reverse its position as news emerged that the attacks were orchestrated with the support of heavy weapons and terror-trained personnel.
Further information was soon released that suggested both Clinton and Obama had intelligence that suggested al Qaeda was about to attack American assets. The embassy in Benghazi had also specifically asked for permission to increase its security force, which was denied.
New information now shows that a special forces team was ready to respond to the attacks in Benghazi, but was ordered to stand down.
This borders on treason.
If Graham is correct, and additional information emerges that shows Clinton and Obama willfully neglected their duty, then the nation could face a political crisis of proportions not seen since the Watergate scandal which resulted in the resignation of President Nixon.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?