Congress wants to make vaccines MORE painful. Here's how
Why do they need to do this to us?
Congress is preparing to tax you for staying healthy. After years of telling you to get vaccinated against the flu, they are now preparing to tax you on each dose of flu vaccine you get.
And that's just the flu vaccine. Other vaccines would be taxed as well.
The money would be dedicated to the Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund, which is a fund that pays out injury claims for those harmed by vaccinations.
Here's what's really peculiar. The fund has $3.5 billion in it as of right now and since 1988 has only paid out $2.5 billion. So, the find just doesn't need that much money.
Unless of course, they're planning to pay out a lot more money in the future, perhaps.
This is a terrible idea for a tax, for a fund that shouldn't be necessary.
First, vaccines are an integral part of our healthcare system. They protect millions of people from infectious diseases which saves billions in health care costs each year, not to mention lives. Do you doubt the efficacy of vaccines? Consider the difference in disease mortality or the prevalence of infectious diseases since the development of vaccines. Vaccines are powerful and effective.
By taxing vaccines, the government creates a small, fiscal disincentive to get vaccinated. If anything, they should be making it easier, not tougher to get vaccines.
Second, vaccines should be safe. They should be well-tested and effective. Assuming this, there should be no need for another 100 million or more for vaccines. What's going on? Is the government handing out vaccines of questionable integrity? Is the other shoe about to drop? If so, the American people ought to know now.
The anti-vaccination advocates are going to have a field day with this thought.
There is a lack of transparency in our government combined with a lack of common sense. It leads to conspiracy theories and speculation on part of the citizenry. Perhaps this is what they want - con mystify and confuse us, at our expense.
Ultimately, it is our fault. If you elect clowns, expect a circus.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Why America's Catholics Need an Apocalypse
- Surveillance is 'setting fire' to the Internet, whistle blower Snowden says
- INTERNET TAKEOVER: Senator introduces bill to prevent online takeover from U.N., or foreign power
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?