What is Napolitano hiding? Is Homeland Security arming the next generation of terrorists?
There are few adequate explanations for the massive ammo buy.
Several weeks ago, Catholic Online helped to break the story that the Department of Homeland Security was purchasing an additional batch of ammunition to add to its already enormous cache of rounds. Thursday, officials from the Department took questions pertaining to their massive purchase.
The United States Army, engaged in Afghanistan, has on hand somewhere between 300 to 600 rounds per soldier.
The DHS now denies that the massive purchase is intended to remove ammunition from the hands of private buyers. It also denies that it has any long-term plans for the ammunition, other than for training purposes.
That's one billion, six hundred million rounds.
Representative Darrell Issa, (R-CA) asked the top DHS training officer, Humberto Medina, about the purchase. "The idea that you have to have excess rounds, year after year, flies in the face of common sense," Issa said. Medina simply explained that the rounds were needed because of "market fluctuations" and past issues with vendors.
The answer seems perplexing since there have been no unusual changes in the markets for decades. Yes, there are fluctuations, but the DHS has never suffered a severe shortage of ammunition.
Medina then claimed that officers need extensive training. He argued that they are exposed to unique situations, only have one weapon at their disposal, and that the Army is different because they can call air support.
Will someone please let the Army know from now on, they'll always have air support available.
Medina denied suggestions that the mass purchase was somehow intended to keep ammunition out of the hands of law-abiding, private citizens. "...that was not a factor at all" he denied.
In fact, Medina even tried to say that the DHS was only going to buy 750 million rounds, a fraction of the 1.6 billion for which it has placed orders.
Ultimately, someone is lying. The DHS has placed its orders, and only now is responding to questions from lawmakers that they are buying excessive quantities of ammunition. Even if Medina is correct and the DHS only wishes to obtain 750 million rounds, it's still an incredible quantity of ammunition for 70,000 officers.
Of course, truth is hard to find when it comes to the Obama administration.
However, there is another possibility besides swallowing Obama's whoppers, and it's worrisome in its own right. The possibility is strong that the Obama administration is trafficking arms and ammunition. Syria seems to be a likely destination. Unfortunately, the Syrian rebels have been infiltrated with Islamic extremists, including al Qaeda fighters.
This means that if Obama is illegally trafficking arms to Syria, via the DHS, then we are effectively helping to arm terrorists. This has happened before it's how the United States created Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda in Afghanistan in the 80s.
It is a dark question that deserves to be answered. Is the DHS ammo purchase a sign that we are arming the next generation of terrorists?
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?