Emperor Obama fiddles while Benghazi, Boston burn
President proclaims victory, alongside Al Qaeda.
Last January, President Obama proclaimed the defeat of Al Qaeda to the sound of thunderous applause in his State of the Union Address. While he allowed the caveat that terrorism was still a threat, he made clear that his campaign against the shadowy organization was all but won. The problem was that Boston would prove him wrong.
Al Qaeda enjoyed success in Benghazi, a strike which remains unavenged. The organization is gaining ground in North Africa, even despite their setback in Mali. In Syria, Al Qaeda fighters have joined with the resistance and continue to spread their influence.
In the Boston case, there are no blatant links to the organization, in so far as they don't have official, signed Al Qaeda letterhead in their possession. Still the brothers were Muslim jihadists and they were sympathetic to a group that enjoys an Al Qaeda affiliation.
Even if they didn't carry the membership card, they were by virtue of their sympathy, Al Qaeda.
This is what makes Al Qaeda almost impossible to destroy. It is no longer an organization managed by a disaffected billionaire. It is now an ideology that has spread as a natural pairing with radical Islam.
Most Muslims are peaceful people. They would not advocate for your demise any more than you would theirs. However, radical, militant Islamists are friends to nobody. Even fellow Muslims are legitimate targets if they do not subscribe to the same extreme, ultra-conservative dogma.
Such strains of Islam make no qualms of converting the world by the sword, after all the killing of an infidel is no sin.
To promote their message, these people fill the dark corners of the internet with propaganda. That propaganda also includes instructions on how to make bombs and inspiration to target innocent people.
Welcome to the new Al Qaeda. Not one that Obama can kill with drones. It's homegrown, it's Caucasian, and it's every bit as dangerous as the imported variety.
Obama is ignorant of this, and it imperils every American. As he continues his crusade to Make America safer by disarming our citizenry, he threatens to make the country safer for Al Qaeda operatives. At a time when we should consider liberalizing our weapons laws to allow once again for law-abiding citizens to bear arms in public, he wants to reduce the number of people who legally exercise their gun rights in the privacy of their home.
Even worse, the deluded Obama has cut federal funding for programs designed to improve homeland security and prevent attacks such as the one that occurred in Boston.
Of course, this isn't about our rights. What it's really about is Obama who crows about victory when within the space of months, the nation has been one-two smacked by terrorist attacks. Obama isn't fooling Al Qaeda, he isn't fooling the sympathizers, and he isn't fooling millions of alert American patriots.
He's fooling himself, and it's costing us.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?