Obama gets armed guards for life, you get hope
Obama aristocracy highlights growing divide between politicians and the rest of America.
According to FBI data, the man who is protected by more guns than anyone else in the world, has conducted an astounding number of background checks to decide if you can have the protection of a gun too. The Obama administration has overseen over 70 million background checks since 2009.
So Obama will always be protected by guns, no matter what happens to yours.
Presidents starting in 1965 were guaranteed protection for life and their children up to age 16. This was a reaction to the assassination of President Kennedy and the natural concern that arose from the tragedy. However, the coverage was expensive and in the mid-1990s the law was repealed.
Now, Obama has reinstated the law, which despite our period of fiscal austerity, will once again cost taxpayers millions.
The hypocrisy of such a law is obvious. Meanwhile, the administration continues to take advantage of tragedies such as the Newton, Connecticut school shooting to push for ever-increasing erosions of Second Amendment rights.
The school where his daughters attend enjoys the protection of no less than 11 armed guards. However, every other school must somehow remain free of armed protection.
Our nation is fast developing two classes of people with two sets of law and two standards of living. There are the ordinary people, then there is the aristocracy composed of celebrities and politicians. The aristocracy live in their own world enjoying their own healthcare, pay, and benefits. They are wealthy or exempt in many cases, so they have no regard for the taxes you pay and the money they spend.
If they infract the law, they receive minor punishments, after defending themselves with the best lawyers. Billionaires and politicos who defraud the people of millions get house arrest or probation while the kid who steals from the local Quickie-Mart catches a felony. Both are felons, but only the poorer one is actually punished.
As citizens the time has come to reclaim our nation and to sweep the aristocracy from power. We do this by exercising our right to vote, not for the one with flashy commercials and celebrity endorsements, but for the candidate with the right values.
We need to do this soon, at least while the right to vote remains. Too many rights have already faded away.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?