Hacked emails between Clinton, Blumenthal raise questions
Notorious hacker 'Guccifer' spreads intercepted messages
Confidential emails purportedly from former political adviser Sidney Blumenthal to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, hacked by the notorious internet pirate "Guccifer" have since been widely distributed to politicians and news sources. The authenticity of the emails remains in question - furthermore, they raise more questions than answers in regards to the Benghazi attack that killed four Americans.
The first email, dated September 12, 2012, reports that senior advisors told the President of Libya during the day of September 11 that attacks were sparked by the Cairo demonstrations and anger over an anti-Muslim video.
The first email, dated September 12, 2012, reports that senior advisors told the President of Libya during the day of September 11 that the Benghazi and Tripoli attacks were sparked by the Cairo demonstrations and anger over an anti-Muslim video, the amateurish "Innocence of Muslims" that can viewed in entirety on various Web sites.
However, the President himself attributed the anti-American activity at the Tripoli and Benghazi facilities to efforts to undermine his regime by tying him to the CIA. He offered warning that his enemies were working to take advantage of his suspected links to the CIA during a sensitive time.
The timeline reported is under question as Blumenthal reports the President meeting with advisors during the day of September 11 -- the organized attacks in Benghazi did not begin until after 9 p.m. that evening.
It has been suggested that Clinton was being fed incorrect information as the events in Benghazi unfolded. The fact that the President met with advisors before the real attack even began might cast doubt on his interpretation of events, which seemed to suggest an attack mounted by his domestic enemies.
A second memo from Blumenthal to Clinton dated February 16 marked as coming "from extremely sensitive sources and should be handled with care." Blumenthal reports a consensus among affected governments in the region that the Benghazi and Algerian gas field attacks were coordinated by Al-Qaeda related terrorist groups.
Officials say that everyone must approach these emails with caution as these are first and partial accounts of hacked emails that may be fabricated by someone with a hidden agenda. Some have suggested that the selection of excerpts appears to fit into Russian Premiere Vladimir agenda, who, displeased unhappy with the overthrow of Libyan dictator Moammar Khadafi wished to emphasize the sinister role played by the CIA in Libya. The second memo refutes Obama's claim of an Al Qaeda on the run by showing an increasingly coordinated pattern of Al Qaeda sponsored attacks throughout the Middle East.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Gucifer, Blumenthal, Clinton, hacked emails, viability
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- President stands ground against Republican critics
- Eric Holder says he will investigate the IRS for Obama
- Read this most OUTRAGEOUS list of questions asked by IRS officials
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?