National School Choice Week and the Growing Movement for True Educational Reform
role. They fail to defer to the first mediating institution of the family.
Parental choice in education is right for our children, right for our parents and right for our Nation.
Men and women of vision are emerging at the State Level to lead this growing movement. I am honored to stand with and support one of these emerging leaders, E.W. Jackson. He is seeking the nomination of the Republican Party as Lieutenant Governor of my home State, the Commonwealth of Virginia.
I just received this Press Release from the Jackson campaign.
Statement of E.W. Jackson on National School Choice Week
E.W. Jackson, Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia released the following statement to join millions of Americans commemorating National School Choice Week on January 27 - Feb 3, 2013:
"The theme of my campaign for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia is 'Let liberty Light the Way'. Parental Choice in education is a liberty issue and should be a fundamental civil right.
"Parents are the first and best teachers of their children. When they delegate to teachers the role of educating their children, they should not be forced to relinquish safety and educational quality.
"Statistics confirm what we already know: our educational system is broken. The current federal one-size-fits-all approach to education has failed miserably. It is time for parents to reclaim their rightful place in determining where and how their children will be educated. Public policy must affirm and support this parental right."
"As Lieutenant Governor of Virginia I will propose an amendment to the State Constitution to implement parental choice in the Commonwealth."
"The family is the first government and the first school house. We must allow liberty to light the way in Virginia by ensuring the freedom of parents to make educational choices for their children."
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: school choice, parental choice, educational reform, school choice week, EW Jackson, educational reform, civil rights, Keith A. Fournier
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?