Romney's final push to win
Candidate isn't resting on laurels amid close election.
Mitt Romney's not sitting on this laurels. The presidential candidate is campaigning on election day sweeping through Pennsylvania and Ohio. With several battleground states still in play Romney isn't taking chances, staying on a strong trajectory, delivering 100 percent to voters.
Romney has developed star power and enthusiasm as the race draws to a close.
Romney is making the stops to campaign a little and to thank volunteers while helping with get-out-the-vote efforts.
Some analysts say that Romney's election day campaigning is a sign of concern, that Romney is worried that he will lose both Pennsylvania and Ohio. However, the Romney campaign says the move is designed to capture Pennsylvania which recently came into play as Romney's numbers surged on the last days of the campaign.
As for Ohio, the battleground state is simply too important to ignore. Analysts have suggested previously that Ohio voters, specifically those in key precincts, could decide the election. This has caused Romney to make near-daily stops in the state to capitalize on his rising tide of popularity.
Still, polls suggest Obama holds a very slight lead in Ohio. Romney's aides are reminding everyone who asks that the polls are well within the margin of error.
Candidates have spent election day politicking before. Bush and Kerry both campaigned on election day in 2004, as did Obama and McCain in '08.
Romney has also been strengthened with star power as several celebrities have publicly backed his cause. In New Hampshire, Kid Rock played at a rally for the presidential hopeful.
Romney was originally criticized for being too lackluster and flat to win a presidential campaign. However, the candidate has overcome these objections, staging ever-improving campaign performances. His greatest success came during the first presidential debate where Romney outperformed Obama in every respect.
For the first time, many Americans saw Romney as a true presidential prospect, and Obama as a bumbling insider. Since that performance, the race has been tight with Romney leading slightly in the popular vote.
However, Obama has held stubborn leads in battleground states.
There is an excellent chance that election results may not be known until sometime Wednesday.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Romney, Obama, battleground states, Ohio, Pennsylvania
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- 'Planned Parenthood has been far more lethal to black lives than the KKK ever was!' Virginia GOP nominee says
- Food stamps hang in the balance as lawmakers debate cost
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?